Dea Named WHL Goaltender of the Week
KENNEWICK, WA -The Western Hockey League announced today that Tri-City Americans goaltender Patrick Dea has been named The WHL's Goaltender of the Week and nominee for the Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week ending April 8th.
Dea, an overage goaltender from St. Albert, AB, recorded a pair of wins, a 0.50 goals-against-average and stopped 52 of 53 shots, good for a .981 save percentage. He shutout the Victoria Royals 7-0 on Friday night, making 27 saves in the process. It was his second shutout of the Playoffs. The Americans lead the Royals 2-0 in the WHL West best-of-seven semi-final series.
Saturday, Dea made 25 saves on the way to a 4-1 win over the Royals in Game two 2018 WHL Playoff series. He was named the games third star in the process.
Through six games in the 2018 WHL Playoffs, Dea sports a 5-0 record, with a 2.33 G.A.A. and a .919 save percentage. He ranks second overall in G.A.A. third in save percentage, tied for second in wins and tied for first in shutouts with two.
Originally selected by the Edmonton Oil Kings in the first round, 22nd overall in the 2012 WHL Bantam Draft, Dea has appeared in 170 WHL regular season games and has a career mark of 70-69-13-2, 3.29 G.A.A. and a save percentage of .897 and has four career shutouts.
This is the second time Dea has earned WHL Goaltender of the Week honors, as he collected the accolades for the week of March 18th. He also earned the Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week during that span.
The Americans return home to Toyota Center for Game Three of the series on Tuesday, April 10th at 7:05 pm. It's a Ranch and Home 2 fer' Tuesday. All tickets are two for one with a coupon from one of the three Ranch and Home locations in Kennewick, Pasco and Milton-Freewater. These are redeemable at the box office open today from 10 am until 5 pm and Tuesday from 10 am up through game time.
Game Four Is Wednesday, April 11th at 7:05 pm. It's a Fred Meyer Rewards Card Night. Show your Fred Meyer Rewards Card at the Toyota Center box office and you can purchase up to four tickets for $5 off adult ticket prices and $3 for youth and students.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2018
- Rockets Making Immediate Impact in AHL - Kelowna Rockets
- Wheat Kings Look for Bounce Back Tuesday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Cougars Announce Plans to Show Prince George's Support to Humboldt, and the Family of Brock Hirsch - Prince George Cougars
- Scott Inks ATO with Toronto Marlies - Prince Albert Raiders
- San Jose Sharks Sign Matt Fonteyne of the Silvertips to AHL Contract with San Jose Barracuda - Everett Silvertips
- Dea Named WHL Goaltender of the Week - Tri-City Americans
- Rasmussen Named WHL Player of the Week - Tri-City Americans
- Americans' Dea Named WHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Americans' Rasmussen Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- Stallard Signs ATO with Manitoba Moose - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Americans Stories
- Americans Defeated 8-3 in Spokane
- Shorthanded Goal Lifts Ams to 4-3 Victory over Silvertips
- Sasha Mutala to Play for Team Orr at 2019 Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
- Americans Acquire Huo from Thunderbirds
- Americans to Host CH2M Military Appreciation Night on January 18