Daniel Gibson Joins Generals
[Jackson, Tenn. - The Arizona Diamondbacks made a roster move affecting the Double-A Jackson Generals prior to the team's series finale versus Montgomery Friday. Southpaw Daniel Gibson was activated from the Reno disabled list and transferred to the Generals active roster, while Drew Muren was transferred to Extended Spring Training from Jackson.
Gibson, 25, is coming off a strong 2016. The lefty dominated in Double-A with Mobile, going 4-1 with a 0.40 ERA in 24 appearances. He was named a Mid-Season All-Star in the Southern League, though he missed the festivities as he was promoted to Triple-A Reno by the middle of June.
The Diamondbacks selected Gibson in the seventh round of the 2013 MLB Draft out of the University of Florida, and he was invited to Major League Spring Training this year. He has twice been named among the organization's top 30 prospects by Baseball America in his four years as a professional.
Muren, 28, made four appearances out of the bullpen for Jackson after being added to the roster. The converted outfielder allowed three runs in four innings while striking out four.
Jackson's roster now stands at 25 active players with two on the disabled list. A number for Gibson will be assigned when he reports to the Generals.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from April 21, 2017
- Shuckers Score Early, but Drop Series Finale in Chattanooga - Biloxi Shuckers
- Barons Hang on to Top Smokies 4-3 in Series Finale - Birmingham Barons
- Jumbo Shrimp Fall to Blue Wahoos 2-0 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Barons Silence the Smokies' Bats - Tennessee Smokies
- Tampa Bay Rays' OF Colby Rasmus to Rehab in Montgomery - Montgomery Biscuits
- Finale Versus Montgomery Rained Out - Jackson Generals
- Biscuits and Generals Postponed - Montgomery Biscuits
- 8 Reasons to Catch the Biscuits this Homestand - Montgomery Biscuits
- Jumbo Shrimp Roster Moves - April 21 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Daniel Gibson Joins Generals - Jackson Generals
- Offensive Onslaught Too Much for M-Braves - Mississippi Braves
- Pensacola off to Best Start in Team History - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Smokies Strong All Around in Double Header - Tennessee Smokies
- Elusive Eighth Inning Outs Undo Generals - Jackson Generals
- Smokies Take Both Games of Thursday's Doubleheader from Barons - Birmingham Barons
- Jumbo Shrimp Fall to Blue Wahoos 8-5 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Eight is Great for Biscuits in 9-5 Win - Montgomery Biscuits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.