Dallas Jaye Wins First-Ever USL League One Golden Glove Award
Greenville, SC - Triumph goalkeeper Dallas Jaye was officially named the recipient of League One's first Golden Glove award this week, given annually to the league's top goalkeeper.
The Golden Glove award is given to the League One goalkeeper with the lowest goals against average during the regular season. Jaye boasted a stellar 0.78 GAA, with the nearest competitor allowing 0.94 GAA. He also paired with the veteran Greenville defensive line to amass league-bests of 13 clean sheets and only 21 goals allowed.
"It's exciting, being the first one ever," said Jaye. "To be able to say you were the first Golden Glove winner in League One is a unique honor. This is a team award, and it's a credit to what we've done well all year."
Despite it being Jaye's first-ever professional season as a starting goalkeepr, head Coach John Harkes says it's no surprise how well Jaye has responded to the leadership responsibility.
"It's been great to see Dallas's growth and his and his ability to deal with the challenges that come with being a number one keeper," said Harkes. "There's quite a bit of responsibility, and he was very open to it. He faced it all right away and without hesitation." Harkes points to Jaye's work ethic, saying, "It's been his commitment in training, his commitment to getting the repetitions, all to fine tune his own skill set that has pushed him forward in a positive way. There are big things ahead for Dallas."
Harkes and Jaye both agree that the Golden Glove Award speaks to the success of the Greenville back line.
"We are one unit," said Jaye. "Everyone is great at an individual level, but an individual won't get the job done. It's a group of eleven players that defend as one. We always have guys backing each other up."
Jaye and the Triumph now set their sights on the League One playoffs, which begin with the semifinal round this weekend at Lansing on October 12th at 7:00 PM. The match can be viewed on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from October 9, 2019
- Kickers Part Ways with David Bulow - Richmond Kickers
- Dallas Jaye Wins First-Ever USL League One Golden Glove Award - Greenville Triumph SC
- Inter Miami FC, New England Revolution Launch League One Clubs - USL1
- New England Revolution Launch USL League One Team to Begin Play in 2020 - USL1
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Triumph SC Stories
- Triumph Edge Red Wolves 1-0, Sweep Season Series
- Match Preview: Greenville Triumph at Chattanooga Red Wolves
- Triumph Sign Former UCLA Standout Matt Powell for Stretch Run
- Three Triumph Players Named to USL League One Team of the Week
- Red-Hot Flamingos Put to Rest by League-Leading Triumph