Dal Colle Returned on Loan to Bridgeport
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The New York Islanders announced today forward Michael Dal Colle has been returned on loan to the team's American Hockey League affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. In addition, forward Andrew Ladd and defenseman Thomas Hickey have been recalled from their conditioning stints.
Dal Colle had four points (two goals, two assists) and a plus-three rating in 20 games with the Islanders this season, including his first NHL goal on Jan. 17 against the New Jersey Devils. In the AHL, the 22-year-old is third on the team in goals (16) and also has 12 assists for 28 points in just 29 games this year. He participated in the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic in Springfield, Mass. on Jan. 27-28 and finished the All-Star Challenge with one goal, one assist, and one shootout tally. Dal Colle was also named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for Dec. 9-16 after scoring five goals, including his first pro hat trick and overtime-winner, in just three games.
A third-year forward, Dal Colle collected 24 points (seven goals, 17 assists) in 60 AHL games last season and earned his first NHL recall in January of 2018, playing four games with the Islanders, including his NHL debut in the club's 7-2 win over the New York Rangers on Jan. 13.
A native of Woodbridge, Ont., Dal Colle ranked fifth on the Sound Tigers in scoring as a rookie in 2016-17, producing 41 points (15 goals, 26 assists) in 75 games. He made his pro debut on Apr. 15, 2016 against the Portland Pirates and scored his first pro goal in just his sixth game on Oct. 21, 2016 against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Prior to turning pro, Dal Colle played four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the Oshawa Generals and Kingston Frontenacs from 2012-16. He earned 316 points (131 goals, 185 assists) and a plus-76 rating in 246 career games, and helped Oshawa win the 2015 Memorial Cup Championship while playing with Islanders prospect Mitch Vande Sompel. The 6'3, 198-pound forward was also named to the 2015 CHL Memorial Cup All-Star Team in 2014-15 and was selected as an OHL All-Star three times.
Dal Colle was selected by the Islanders in the first round (#5 overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft.
Next Time Out: The Sound Tigers take to the road this Friday, where they will face the Providence Bruins at 7:05 p.m. inside the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The game will air across the Sound Tigers Radio Network and may be viewed live via AHLTV. Pre-game coverage will begin at 6:45 p.m.
Packed Promotional Lineup: The Sound Tigers boast one of their most extensive and wide-ranging promotional schedules ever for the 2018-19 season. The fan-friendly calendar includes the return of popular themes like Hockey and Hops (Mar. 17) and Princess Night (Mar. 30). Regional hockey fans will also be elated for the addition of Hockey Weekend in Connecticut (Feb. 23-24). View the full 2018-19 promotional schedule.
For additional details or to reserve a group outing for any giveaway or theme night, please call the Sound Tigers' front office at (203) 345-2300 ext 7.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Defenseman McArdle Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Chicago Acquires Former First-Rounder Holland for Raddysh - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 20 Report: Surging Hogs Win 8 of 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Reign Sign Cliff Watson to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Moose Games to Air on TSN2 - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Accepting Nominations for Grandparent of the Year - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackout Cancer Jersey Auction Raises Record Amount - Bakersfield Condors
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Streaking Bears Make History, Climb in Standings - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- First-Place Griffins Finish Homestand, Travel to Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dal Colle Returned on Loan to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Weekly: Penguins Host Hershey and Rockford in Pair of Upcoming Home Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canucks Sign Goaltender Michael Leighton, Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Release Derek Pratt from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Adam Clendening, Assign Kole Sherwood to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Flyers Recall G Brian Elliott from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Loan G Sam Montembeault to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.