D.C. United, DC SCORES, and Screaming Eagles Announce Strategic Partnership
WASHINGTON - D.C. United, DC SCORES and supporter group, the Screaming Eagles, announced a strategic partnership uniting a shared passion for enriching the communities in the District through sport.
The Black-and-Red and the Screaming Eagles will work closely together to encourage a robust, welcoming, and passionate supporters' culture both inside and outside Audi Field.
"We are pleased to partner with the Screaming Eagles, during this transformative year, across the shared values of creating the most exciting, fan-driven atmosphere in Major League Soccer, but also around a common goal to focus on bettering the neighborhoods around us, through the invaluable work that DC SCORES does in our community," Tom Hunt, United President, said. "This partnership will ensure our supporters continue cultivating an atmosphere that has long been heralded across the league as we celebrate traditions old and new at Audi Field."
The Screaming Eagles aim to implement a D.C. United Supporter Development Academy prior to the inaugural match at Audi Field in an effort to reach new fans and introduce them to the customs and traditions of D.C. United supporter culture.
The partnership will extend outside the stadium as well as the Screaming Eagles will deepen their already strong relationship with DC SCORES, the official charitable partner of D.C. United. Together, the three organizations will work to serve the youth of Washington, D.C., by kindling a passion for soccer through supporting neighborhood teams that give kids the confidence to succeed on the playing field, in the classroom, and in life.
"DC SCORES is thrilled to further expand our relationship with fans of the Black-and-Red and strengthen the soccer economy of the future" said Bethany Henderson, DC SCORES Executive Director. "The Screaming Eagles partnership further expands opportunities for our poet-athletes to engage with United fans on the field, in the classroom, and in the stands at Audi Field."
As part of the partnership, The Screaming Eagles will take the lead role to manage all aspects of the supporter culture including single game supporter tickets sales for both home and road matches as well as organizing all activities and in-game fan experiences in the north end zone, in an effort to further unite the Black-and-Red supporter base that established the benchmark for U.S. soccer supporter culture in the early years of Major League Soccer.
"Today we're reaffirming our promise to D.C. United that we'll do all we can to support the team across the full range of the club's endeavors," James Lambert, Screaming Eagle president, said. "We believe that by working closely together with United in a cooperative, positive manner, we can take the supporters' culture to the next level in the new era defined by the opening of Audi Field."
To purchase season tickets for the supporter sections at Audi Field, please contact D.C. United - 202.587.5000. Single game tickets for Audi Field will go on sale in May 2018. To purchase single game supporter tickets for home or away matches, or for more information on the Screaming Eagles, please visit https://screamingeagles.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 14, 2018
- Red Bulls and Sporting Kansas City Play to 1-1 Preseason Draw - New York Red Bulls
- Impact Wins 2-1 against Chicago Fire - Montreal Impact
- Fire Fall 2-1 to the Montreal Impact in Preseason Action - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Draw Houston Dynamo 1-1 in Preseason Match - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Open Preseason Tournament with 1-1 Draw against Portland - Houston Dynamo
- Revolution Draw with FC Dallas, 2-2, in First Match of Mobile Mini Sun Cup - New England Revolution
- D.C. United, DC SCORES, and Screaming Eagles Announce Strategic Partnership - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Announces 2018 Broadcast Details - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Fourth Round SuperDraft Pick from Toronto FC - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Signs Caleb Patterson-Sewell - Toronto FC
- Wale Headlines Dynamo Opening Day Entertainment - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- United Announce That UMD and UVA Will Play at Audi Field in September
- Audi Field to Host Washington Spirit and Portland Thorns on August 25
- Date Changed for United's Away Game against LAFC in May
- D.C. United and Fanatics Announce Multichannel Retail Partnership for Audi Field
- Date Changed for United's Away Game against Toronto FC in April