D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule
Loudoun County, VA - D.C. United have announced that they will travel to Clearwater, Fla., for preseason training in preparation for the 2020 MLS Regular Season that starts on Feb. 29 in the Black-and-Red's home opener at Audi Field against the Colorado Rapids. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 PM ET.
Players will report to Washington, D.C., on Jan. 18 and will train in the nation's capital until Jan. 25. The team departs for Florida the following day and will train in Clearwater until Feb. 7. The Black-and-Red will play their first preseason exhibition match of the year against the Montreal Impact on Jan. 28 at the University of South Florida, with kickoff time to be determined. In the first leg of preseason, the Black-and-Red will also play the New York Red Bulls (Feb. 1 @ IMG Academy, 11:30 AM Kickoff) and against USL Championship side Louisville City FC (Feb. 6 @ Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex, 4 PM Kickoff). The Black-and-Red return to Washington on Feb. 8.
United travel back to Clearwater for their second preseason training camp that runs from Feb. 12 to Feb. 23. The Black-and-Red will compete in three additional preseason matches in the leadup to their home opener on Feb. 29. They will play against Orlando City (Feb. 15 @ University of South Florida, TBD Kickoff), Nashville SC (Feb. 19 @ Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex, 6 PM Kickoff) and the Philadelphia Union (Feb. 22 @ Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex, 7 PM Kickoff).
The team will return to Washington, DC on Feb. 23 and train in the nation's capital ahead of the match against Colorado on Feb. 29 at Audi Field.
More information about tickets for preseason friendlies will be made available at a later date.
Saturday, January 18
Players report to Washington, DC
Saturday, January 18 - Friday, January 25
Training in Washington, DC
Sunday, January 26
Team departs for first training camp in Clearwater, Fla.
Tuesday, January 28
D.C. United v. Montreal Impact| University of South Florida | 11:30 AM ET
Saturday, February 1
D.C. United v. New York Red Bulls | IMG Academy | 11:30 AM ET
Thursday, February 6
D.C. United v. Louisville City FC | Joe DiMaggio Complex | 4 PM ET
Friday, February 7
Team returns to Washington, D.C.
Monday, February 10 - Tuesday, February 11
Training in Washington, DC
Wednesday, February 12
Team departs for second training camp in Clearwater, Fla.
Saturday, February 15
D.C. United v. Orlando City | University of South Florida | TBD
Wednesday, February 19
United v. Nashville SC | Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex | 6 PM ET
Saturday, February 22
United v. Philadelphia Union | Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex | 7 PM ET
Sunday, February 23
Team returns to Washington, DC
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami CF
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Jacob Greene as 15th Homegrown Player in Club History
- D.C. United Lose 3-2 to the Montreal Impact in the Final Game of 2020
- D.C. United Lose 4-3 against the New England Revolution on the Road