D.C. United Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
United have announced that they will travel to Clearwater, Fla., for preseason in preparation for the 2019 MLS regular season that starts on March 3 in United's home opener at Audi Field against 2018 MLS Cup Champions Atlanta United.
Players will report to the team in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 21 and will train in the nation's capital until Jan. 26. The team departs for Florida the following day and will train in Clearwater until Feb. 7. United will play their first preseason exhibition match of the year against United Soccer League (USL) side Bethlehem Steel FC on Feb. 2 at Joe D. Sports Complex with kickoff scheduled for 4 PM ET. The Black-and-Red will end their first training camp with an exhibition match against MLS expansion side FC Cincinnati on Feb. 7 at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. Ticketing and live stream information about the games will be available at a later date. The Black-and-Red return to Washington on Feb. 8.
United travel back to Clearwater for their second preseason training camp that runs from Feb. 13 to Feb. 24. The Black-and-Red were invited by the Tampa Bay Rowdies to participate in the 2019 Rowdies Suncoast Invitational for the fourth year in a row. The invitational is one of the premier preseason tournaments in the country and will return to Al Lang Stadium for a fourth consecutive season.
United are joined by the Tampa Bay Rowdies, Philadelphia Union and Montreal Impact in a friendly tournament aimed at giving players and coaches competitive matches to gear up for the 2019 season.
The Rowdies Suncoast Invitational will feature two United games with the Black-and-Red kicking off at 7:30 PM ET against the Tampa Bay Rowdies on Saturday, Feb. 16 at Al Lang Stadium. United play a second fixture outside of the Suncoast Invitational on Wednesday, Feb. 20 against the Philadelphia Union at Joe D. Sports Complex. D.C. United will play their last preseason fixture against the Montreal Impact on Feb. 23 at Al Lang Stadium with kickoff scheduled for 7 PM.
Beginning next Thursday, Jan. 24 fans can purchase single-game tickets to the Suncoast Invitational at rowdiessoccer.com/suncoast or via phone, by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000. For group tickets, please call the Rowdies at 727-222-2000.
Ticketing information for D.C. United's preseason exhibition match against the Philadelphia Union on Feb. 20 at Joe D. Sports Complex will be available at a later date.
To reserve your single-game tickets to the 2019 MLS Opener against Atlanta United at Audi Field on March 3, CLICK HERE.
To learn when other single-game tickets are available for purchase, please subscribe to the D.C. United email distribution list at dcunited.com/subscribe. To purchase season tickets at Audi Field, fans can visit dcunited.com/tickets.
Monday, January 21
Players report to Washington, DC
Sunday, January 27
Team departs for first training camp in Clearwater, FL
Saturday, February 2
United v. Bethlehem Steel FC | Joe D. Sports Complex | 4 PM ET
Thursday, February 7
United v. FC Cincinnati | IMG Academy | 7 PM ET
Friday, February 8
Team returns to Washington, D.C.
Wednesday, February 13
Team departs for second training camp in Clearwater, FL
Saturday, February 16
United v. Tampa Bay Rowdies | Al Lang Stadium | 7:30 PM ET
Wednesday, February 20
United v. Philadelphia Union | Joe D. Sports Complex | 7 PM ET
Saturday, February 23
United v. Montreal Impact | Al Lang Stadium | 7 PM ET
Sunday, February 24
Team returns to Washington, DC
Sunday, March 3
United v. Atlanta United FC | MLS Opener | Audi Field | 6 PM ET | Tickets
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 18, 2019
- LAFC Announces Time Change for 2019 Home Opener - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Sign Veteran Goalkeeper Daniel Vega - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC Add Nick Dasovic to Technical Staff as U-23 Development Squad Head Coach - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- David Guzman, Marvin Loria Called up by Costa Rica for International Match against United States - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Match at Colorado Rapids Rescheduled to September 11 - LA Galaxy
- New York City FC Announces Preseason in Abu Dhabi - New York City FC
- Timbers Acquire Slovenian Goalkeeper Aljaz Ivacic - Portland Timbers
- FC Cincinnati Acquires Costa Rica National Team Midfielder Allan Cruz - FC Cincinnati
- Kickoff for FC Dallas' March 23rd Match against Colorado Moved to 3:30PM CT - FC Dallas
- Impact Returns to the Rowdies Suncoast Invitational in February - Montreal Impact
- New England Revolution Sign Academy Product Justin Rennicks - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati to Play D.C. United in Preseason at IMG Academy - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Add Rowdies Suncoast Invitational, Two Other Preseason Matches to Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Canadian International Centre Back Derek Cornelius - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Brazilian Midfielder Robinho from Ceara Sporting Club of Brazil's First Division - Columbus Crew SC
- Philadelphia Union Single-Match Tickets to Go on Sale January 23 - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- Griffin Yow Named in World Cup Squad for U.S. U-17 Boys' National Team
- Arriola, Moreno and Rodriguez on International Duty Ahead of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoff Match
- Time and Broadcast Update for Match against Toronto on October 19
- D.C. United Draw FC Cincinnati 0-0 in Final MLS Regular Season Match
- D.C. United Issues Club Statement on FloSports