D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement
D.C. United has announced that Leidos [NYSE: LDOS], a FORTUNE® 500 science and technology leader, has extended their Presenting Partner agreement as the exclusive jersey sponsor for the Black-and-Red through the 2021 season. The agreement extends the reach of the Leidos brand with a savvy soccer audience both domestically and internationally. Additionally, Leidos supports soccer at the grassroots level through jersey sponsorships with various youth soccer clubs in Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, and Alabama.
Under the agreement, the Leidos logo will continue to be prominently featured on the front of the team's jersey, displayed throughout Audi Field and all of the team's marketing and media assets. The sponsorship will also enable both Leidos and D.C. United to continue engaging the community and charitable partners through events like Armed Forces Week, a custom program aimed at thanking military members and veterans for their service.
"Leidos is pleased to extend our relationship with D.C. United as enthusiasm for soccer in the U.S. continues to grow," said Leidos Senior Vice President Melissa Koskovich. "We look forward to strengthening our partnership with the team, and leveraging our sponsorship for branding, recruiting, and engagement activities at Audi Field and other venues."
Leidos has been an integral partner for D.C. United as they entered a new chapter at the club with the opening of their new soccer-specific stadium at Audi Field in July 2018 and the arrival of international soccer icon, Wayne Rooney. With the opening of Segra Field for the Black-and-Red's new USL Championship affiliate, Loudoun United FC, and the scheduled opening of D.C. United's new training facility in Leesburg, Va., in Fall 2020, D.C. United and Leidos will have additional touchpoints to engage with local communities and fans.
"We are excited to continue our partnership with Leidos for the years ahead," Jason Levien, D.C. United Co-Chairman & CEO, said. "We formed our partnership seven seasons ago, and it has been a terrific relationship. We're looking forward to our next chapter together."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Acquires Atlanta United Midfielder Julian Gressel for $750,000 in TAM
- Junior Moreno and Ulises Segura Obtain Green Cards
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Kevin Paredes
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United