D-Braves' 2020 Coaching Staff Announced
DANVILLE, Va. - The Atlanta Braves released their selections for their 2020 minor league field staffs late Friday evening, with Danville boasting a former MLB All Star as their new manager.
Michael Saunders, who recently retired from a nine-year playing career with the Mariners, Blue Jays and Phillies, has been named the D-Braves manager in 2020. The product of Victoria, British Columbia, was named a 2016 All Star and owned a career .232 batting average in over 2,400 plate appearances as a player.
Joining Saunders' coaching staff are Connor Narron as the hitting coach, who served on the 2019 D-Braves staff as a coach, and Angel Flores as a coach on the bench. Sam Feldman will return to Danville for his second season as the strength coach, and Austin Smith will take over as the athletic trainer.
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from February 3, 2020
- Kingsport Mets Announce 2020 Coaching Staff - Kingsport Mets
- D-Braves' 2020 Coaching Staff Announced - Danville Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Danville Braves Stories
- After MLB Announcement, Atlanta Braves End Affiliation with Appalachian League
- Minor League Baseball Announces There Will Not be a 2020 Season
- Update from the Stripers
- 2020 Danville Braves 5K Date Announced, Presented by HomeTrust Bank
- D-Braves' 2020 Coaching Staff Announced