Cyclones Sign Defenseman Sean Giles
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones have signed defenseman SEAN GILES to a Standard Player Contract (SPC) for the 2020-21 season.
Giles heads to the Queen City after completing a four-year career at Robert Morris University. Through four years at RMU, Giles amassed 25 points over 131 games. During his senior season, Giles saw action in all 37 games posting a goal and six points while blocking 75 shots. He was named the AHA Defenseman of the Week in January of 2020. Graduating with a Biomedical Engineering degree and a 3.99 GPA, Giles was named the Atlantic Hockey Student-Athlete of the year during his sophomore season and twice received the RMU Men's Hockey Student-Athlete of the Year as voted on by his teammates.
"I think it's the dream of every young athlete to play professionally," said Giles. "I'm very excited for the opportunity with the Cyclones. It has been a long 6 months already without hockey, so I'm really looking forward to getting to Cincinnati and getting to work."
The 6'1" defenseman hails from Colorado Springs and played his junior hockey for the Lone Star Brahmas of the NAHL. During the final season of his junior career, Giles donned the Captains "C" and tallied 18 points over 57 games.
"I've watched Sean's progress from Junior hockey through the NCAA. He has always been a go-to-guy and plays the important minutes. He comes highly recommended by people I respect. We are excited to add a young defenseman that is mature beyond his years."
Stay tuned all off-season for updates on important events, player signings, promotion and ticketing information and MORE! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 30, 2020
- Cyclones Sign Defenseman Sean Giles - Cincinnati Cyclones
- FloSports to Host ECHL.TV Beginning with 2020-21 Season - ECHL
- Crocock Re-Signs, Second Signing of Week by Royals - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Sign Cincy Natives Chris Crane & Jason Tackett
- Cyclones Extend Affiliation Agreement with the Buffalo Sabres & Rochester Americans
- Cyclones Sign Taylor Crunk
- Cyclones Season Delayed to January 15 with Announcement of Split-Season Format
- Mason Mitchell Returns to Cyclones for 2020-2021