Cyclones Claim Elbrecht off of Waivers
Cincinnati, OH- The Cincinnati Cyclones have claimed defenseman Tyler Elbrecht off of waivers from the Manchester Monarchs. He has appeared in 63 games this season between the Monarchs and Missouri Mavericks, accounting for six goals and 13 assists along with 154 penalty minutes.
A native of Edwardsville, IL, Elbrecht has spent the entirety of his four-year pro career in the ECHL, suiting up for the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, Idaho Steelheads, and Toledo Walleye, in addition to the Mavericks and Monarchs. In 260 career ECHL games, Elbrecht has accounted for 11 goals and 41 assists, along with 591 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, Elbrecht was a four-year letter winner at Minnesota State University- Mankato where he totaled three goals and 24 assists in that time. He also served as team captain during his junior and senior seasons.
In a separate transaction, the Cyclones have released defenseman Frank Misuraca. Misuraca appeared in 27 games this season with the Cyclones, accounting for a goal and an assist.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 4, 2017
- Levine Named Ccm/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Claim Elbrecht off of Waivers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Announce Player Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- Worcester Railers Hc Front Office Adds Connor Haynes to Ticket Staff - Worcester Railers HC
- Monardo Returns to Stingrays for Playoff Push - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Take Roller Coaster Affair in Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.