Cubs Caravan Set for January 15 at Riverplex in Peoria
PEORIA, IL- The Chicago Cubs and Peoria Chiefs have announced that the Cubs Caravan is returning to Peoria on Thursday, January 15, 2009 at the RiverPlex. The 2009 Caravan attendees will be announced at a later date.
The event at the RiverPlex will begin at 5:00 PM with doors opening at 3:45 PM. All Cubs personnel will sign ONLY 200 autographs each. Each person attending the Caravan will be given a lottery ticket, chosen at random, entering the facility. This ticket will indicate the line they should enter to receive an autograph. This policy has been set by the Chicago Cubs and will be strictly enforced.
Following the 45-minute autograph session, the program will begin promptly at 5:45 PM. The program will include a question and answer segment with the Cubs players and front office members, videos highlighting the Cubs and Chiefs 2008 seasons, ticket information for the Cubs and Chiefs, information on the Cubs and Chiefs Booster Clubs and a dinner. Tickets are available at O'Brien Field for $15 each payable by cash or check only. Checks should be made out to the Central Illinois Cubs Boosters. Tickets are also available at Bergners in Pekin and the Sheridan Village Bergners in Peoria, Sports Corner in Peoria Heights, Brunk's Sports Center in Washington, Bartonville Bank, and Morton Community Bank. No tickets will be sold at the door. All proceeds from the event go to the Cubs Boosters benefiting local Little League programs. Hot dogs, chips, beer and soda will be served at the RiverPlex.
Parking for the event at the RiverPlex will be limited. Event goers are encouraged to use the A2 CAT lot located on the corner of Hamilton and Water after 5:00 PM or the Riverfront parking lots. The Chiefs will provide shuttle transportation to and from the parking lot to the RiverPlex. The media press conference for the Caravan will be held at O'Brien Field on January 15 beginning at 3:30 PM. According to the Cubs wishes, all members of the Caravan will be available at the press conference for one-on-one interviews with any accredited media.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from December 16, 2008
- Cubs Caravan Set for January 15 at Riverplex in Peoria - Peoria Chiefs
- Dillard And Staff Back With Bandits In 2009 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Tigers name 2009 Whitecaps coaching staff - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rattlers sign with WNAM as new radio flagship - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Bobble Heads and Theme Ticket Packages
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Fireworks Dates
- Chiefs Scholarship Applications Open Until March 4
- Almonte Returns as Chiefs Manager in 2020; Gabella & Martin Join Staff
- 2020 Game Times Announced & Chiefs Enter Copa as En El Rio de Peoria