Crismatt Strikes out 13 Drillers in Win
North Little Rock, AR-Nabil Crismatt matched his career high in strikeouts and the Arkansas Travelers took the opener of a five-game series from the Tulsa Drillers, 4-1, on Thursday night at Dickey-Stephens Park. Crismatt fired six shutout innings for his first win with Arkansas. The right-hander had struck out 13 once previously, in June of 2017 while pitching for the Mets' Class-A club in the Florida State League. He punched out at least two batters in all six innings he pitched. The offense jumped out quickly for two runs in the first inning before adding tallies in the sixth and seventh innings. Matt Tenuta and Dan Altavilla combined to finish the game out of the bullpen with Altavilla collecting the last five outs for his second save.
Moments That Mattered
* Dom Thompson-Williams paid off consecutive game opening singles with a sac fly for the Travs first run. Two batters later, Jake Fraley came up with a two-out RBI hit for a two-run lead.
* Crismatt faced runners at second and third with none out in the third inning but recorded back-to-back strikeouts before getting a groundout to escape the jam.
Notable Travs Performances
* RF Dom Thompson-Williams: 1-2, BB, SF, run, 3B, RBI
* CF Kyle Lewis: 2-4, run, RBI
* 3B Logan Taylor: 2-4, RBI
* RHP Nabil Crismatt: Win, 6 IP, 3 H, 13 K
* RHP Dan Altavilla: Save, 1.2 IP, H, K
News and Notes
* The win puts the Travs 2.5 games up on Tulsa in the North Division race.
* Thompson-Williams stretched his hitting streak to seven with a seventh inning triple.
*Travs pitchers combined for 16 strikeouts and no walks.
The series continues with a doubleheader on Friday night. Game one is set for 5:10 with righty Justin Dunn (2-1, 3.20) making the start against righty Dustin May (2-2, 3.25). Game two will follow about 30 minutes after the end of the first contest. Kids get to run the bases after the games and it is Boy Scout Night. The games will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from May 10, 2019
- Five-Run Eighth Sparks Comeback Win in Midland - Frisco RoughRiders
- Toro's Walk-Off Winner Tops off Perfect Night - Corpus Christi Hooks
- RockHounds Drop Opener to Frisco - Midland RockHounds
- Cardinals Streak Hits 4 in 7-4 Win over Naturals - Springfield Cardinals
- Crismatt Strikes out 13 Drillers in Win - Arkansas Travelers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.