Coyotes Sign Russo to One-Year Two-Way Contract
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have signed defenseman Robbie Russo to a one-year, two-way contract. As per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.
The 26-year-old Russo finished third on the Roadrunners in scoring and led all team defensemen with 6-33-39 and 32 PIM in 67 games this season. The 6-foot, 198-pound native of Westmont, Illinois has recorded 27-115-142 and 192 PIM in 271 career AHL games with Grand Rapids and Tucson. He also won the 2017 Calder Cup with Grand Rapids.
Russo was originally drafted by the New York Islanders in the fourth round (95th overall) in the 2011 Entry Draft.
Russo's Tucson Notes
- Russo's 39 points in 2018-19 matched his career high, which had been set during his rookie season (2015-16 with Grand Rapids).
- The alternate captain's 33 assists led all Tucson skaters and ranks as the third best single season in Roadrunners franchise history.
- In his first year with the team, #5's 23-power play points (5-18) paced the team. The 18 assists ranked in the Top 20 among all American Hockey League skaters.
- Five power play goals also sits as a career-high for the right-handed defenseman.
Roadrunners Season Ticket Memberships
The best way to never miss a moment of Roadrunners action, lock in your same great seat for all 34 Roadrunners home games today. Starting at just $11.50 per game, enjoy exclusive benefits that only Season Ticket Members have access to including your own personal Ticketmaster Account Manager, first right to 2020 Calder Cup Playoff tickets, a special membership gift and more! Call the Roadrunners today at 866-774-6253 to speak with your representative.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 6, 2019
- Coyotes Sign Russo to One-Year Two-Way Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Comets Sign Seamus Malone and Vincent Arseneau to AHL Deals - Utica Comets
- Jets Sign JC Lipon to One-Year Contract - Manitoba Moose
- Jets Sign Seth Griffith to One-Year Contract - Manitoba Moose
- Nedeljkovic Stymies Wolves, Checkers Take Game 3 - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Coyotes Sign Dysin Mayo to One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- Roadrunners Announce 2019-2020 Schedule
- Coyotes Sign Bunting and Fasching to Two-Year, Two-Way Contracts
- Prospect Camp Update: Developing, Young and "Old"
- Jeremy Gregoire Signs Two-Year Contract with Roadrunners