Coyotes Sign Chaput to One-Year Contract
GLENDALE, ARIZONA --Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have signed forward Michael Chaput to a one-year, two-way contract. As per Club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.
The 27-year-old Chaput has registered 16-13-29 with 22 penalty minutes (PIM) in 47 games as team captain of the Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) this season. He also appeared in two games with the Coyotes in 2019-20.
The 6-foot-2, 199-pound native of Ile Bizard, QC has recorded 109-150-259 and 286 PIM in 388 career AHL games.
Chaput has totaled 6-16-22 and 78 PIM in 169 career NHL games with the Coyotes, Montreal Canadiens, Vancouver Canucks and Columbus Blue Jackets. He was originally drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the third round (89th overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2020
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Jack Badini and Hunter Drew to Entry-Level Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Sign Blake Christensen and Janis Jaks to AHL Contracts - Bakersfield Condors
- Kings Sign Tyler Madden to Entry-Level Contract - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Sign Chaput to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.