Cowbell Cup Rivalry Renewed
Waterloo, Iowa-Friday's game at Young Arena will be the first at home for the Waterloo Black Hawks this season, and could be a first step towards the 2013/14 Prairie Farms Cowbell Cup, the fiercely contested regional championship between the Hawks, the Dubuque Fighting Saints, and the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders.
"Everyone at Prairie Farms is excited for another season of Cowbell Cup play and are proud to sponsor such an exciting in-state rivalry," said Stacy Wand, Prairie Farms sales manager. "All three of these cities support our company and our great products. We are thrilled to be able to work with these teams for the second year of the Prairie Farms Cowbell Cup."
Waterloo meets Dubuque in the first game of the series Friday at 7:05 p.m.
Last season, the Fighting Saints won a thrilling race for the Prairie Farms Cowbell Cup, edging the Black Hawks by one point in the standings. The title is determined based on head-to-head results between the clubs, with two points awarded for each win and one for an overtime or shootout loss. Each team will battle through 12 Prairie Farms Cowbell Cup contests in 2013/14. A Dubuque-at-Cedar Rapids matchup on October 12th will not count toward the standings to prevent the Saints and RoughRiders from playing one extra game.
Prairie Farms Dairy products are available in many Iowa communities. The company, headquartered in Carlinville, Illinois, has a plant in Dubuque and a distribution branch in Iowa City. Farmer-owned Prairie Farms serves in 14 states throughout Mid-America and the South. For more information, visit prairiefarms.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from September 26, 2013
- Phantoms Look to Repeat Playoff Success against Green Bay in Home Opener - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Select-A-Seat/Hockey 101 Night Set for October 2 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Cowbell Cup Rivalry Renewed - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Matt Nelson Traded - Green Bay Gamblers
- Phantoms Notebook - Youngstown Phantoms
- Prairie Farms Cowbell Cup Play Opens Friday in Waterloo - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Acquire Defenseman Matt Nelson from Green Bay - Omaha Lancers
- Musketeers 2013-14 Captains Announced - Sioux City Musketeers
- Saints & American Trust Launch Bernie and Earny Kids Club - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Partner with TeamMates for 2013-14 Season - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.