Cougars Get Payback on Bees
(Burlington, IA) - The Burlington Bees (47-65) were held to just one run in an 11-1 loss at the hands of the Kane County Cougars (61-49) on Sunday afternoon at Community Field.
Kane County wasted no time getting the offense going on Sunday afternoon. With one out in the first inning, Anfernee Grier singled and then scored on a Marcus Wilson double, giving the Cougars a 1-0 lead. Later in the inning, Eudy Ramos drove in a pair of Cougars with a single, extending the lead to 3-0. The inning was capped off when Yan Sanchez drove in a pair of runs, pushing the lead to 5-0.
The Bees' only run of the game came in the bottom of the first inning. Jonah Todd singled with one out and then moved to third on a Richie Fecteau double. Julian Leon then grounded out to the right side, scoring Todd, cutting the deficit to 5-1.
That would be the last time the Bees would score as Kane County Cougars went on to bat nine times in the sixth inning, scoring four runs, three coming on a Stephen Smith home run. The Cougars added one more in the eighth inning and another in the ninth on their way to an 11-1 win over the Burlington Bees.
Cougars' starter Connor Grey (1-1) earned the win while Bees' starter Chris Rodriguez (0-1) was charged with the loss. The Bees and the Cougars will continue the series on Monday at 6:30 p.m. at Community Field as Erik Manoah makes the start for the Bees against Sam McWilliams makes the start for the Cougars. It's another Dollar Monday sponsored by Miller Lite. For tickets visit gobees.com or stop by the Bees' office. For more information, call the Bees at (319)-754-5705.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 7, 2017
- Chiefs Fall in 10 Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars Get Payback on Bees - Burlington Bees
- Snappers Score Five Unanswered Runs, - Beloit Snappers
- Bandits Walk off to Win Sixth Straight - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Orozco's Unlikely HR Lifts Lugnuts in 10th - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Fall in Extra Innings on Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Carrier Homers Twice in Kernels Shutout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.