Costa Rica to Play Bermuda, Nicaragua to Play Haiti at Toyota Stadium in 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup
Frisco, Texas - The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (Concacaf) announced today that Costa Rica will play Bermuda and Nicaragua will face Haiti at Toyota Stadium in a Group B doubleheader on June 20, 2019.
The Concacaf Gold Cup is the official national team championship of the region which crowns the best national team in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. This is the first step of the 2022 FIFA World Cup cycle. The competition takes place every two years with this year marking the 15th edition of the tournament that runs from June 15, 2019 to July 7, 2019.
The Gold Cup Group B matches will kick off with a doubleheader, featuring Costa Rica and Nicaragua, on Sunday, June 16, 2019 at the Estadio Nacional in San Jose, Costa Rica. This will be the first time in the tournament's history that matches will be played in Central America. Group B will then travel to Frisco, TX where Nicaragua will play Haiti at 6:00 PM CT and Costa Rica and Bermuda will close out the doubleheader at 8:30 PM CT on June 20. Tickets for the both games can be purchased here.
In 2017, Toyota Stadium hosted a Group A doubleheader featuring Costa Rica vs. French Guyana and Canada vs. Honduras. The 2015 edition of the tournament saw Haiti and Panama play to a 1-1 draw before the U.S. defeated Honduras, 2-1, in front of a sell-out crowd of 22,357 fans at Toyota Stadium.
The U.S. won the latest edition of the Concacaf Gold Cup, defeating Jamaica, 2-1, in the final on July 25, 2017 at Levi's Stadium. FC Dallas defender Matt Hedges was part of the 3-2 win vs. Martinique during the group stages on July 13, 2017 and the 2-0 quarterfinal win vs. El Salvador on July 20, 2017. FC Dallas goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez was added to the U.S. National Team roster following a one-time switch to represent the U.S. on the international level after representing Mexico at the youth level.
The 2019 edition of the Concacaf Gold Cup is the first edition that will be played in an expanded format and will include 16 nations in the biannual championship. The six national teams that participated in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Hexagonal qualifier round -- Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, and the United States - automatically qualified for the Gold Cup. Bermuda, Canada, Cuba, Curacao, El Salvador, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique and Nicaragua are the Top 10 countries that qualified through the Concacaf National League Qualifier competition.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 10, 2019
- LA Galaxy Launch LA Galaxy Champion Project to Benefit Local Elementary Schools - LA Galaxy
- Kansas City to Host USA vs. Panama in 2019 Gold Cup - Sporting Kansas City
- Costa Rica to Play Bermuda, Nicaragua to Play Haiti at Toyota Stadium in 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - FC Dallas
- Plan Your Transport to Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Sets off on Historic Start in Myriad Ways: Week 7 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- LAFC and Curacao Announce Multi-Year Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United Announce Two Washington Spirit Matches at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Tonight's Sounders FC Match in Colorado Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Seattle Sounders FC
- Colorado Rapids Home Match against Seattle Sounders Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Colorado Rapids
- Celebrity Chef Marcus Samuelsson Becomes Chief Culinary Coach of New York City FC - New York City FC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Visits Vancouver Tomorrow. Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know
- Eight FC Dallas Player Available for Fans to Vote for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target
- Mexican National Team Members and Award-Winning Singer Luis Coronel to Headline Fan Fest at Inaugural MexTour Live in Dallas on June 7
- FC Dallas Draws with Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Hosts Liga MX's Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente in International Friendly on July 7 at Toyota Stadium