Corus Radio Hamilton Is The 2009 Home To The Hamilton Tiger-Cats
(May 12, 2009 - Hamilton, Canada) Corus Radio Hamilton is proud to announce that they have renewed their broadcast agreement with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats continuing as the exclusive broadcaster for the 2009 Ticat season. As the voice for CFL football in the Greater Hamilton Area for over 40 years, AM900 CHML, together with brother station Y108, will continue to offer outstanding coverage of all Ticats games, including pre-season games beginning in mid-June.
Returning to the Ticats radio broadcasts as play-by-play announcer is CHML's Rick Zamperin. Zamperin will be joined by colour analyst and former Ticats assistant coach John Salavantis, who brings 10-plus years of football broadcast experience and almost 30 years coaching experience to the commentators chair.
In addition, CHML will be premiering a new weekly hour-long program, Hamilton Tiger-Cats Show, on Monday, June 15 at 7 p.m. featuring game analysis, team insight and behind-the-scenes coverage of Hamilton's celebrated football franchise.
"The Tiger-Cats are thrilled to extend our broadcast partnership with Corus, who continue to provide unparalleled radio coverage for our fans," said Ticats President Scott Mitchell. "We can't wait to hear Rick, Coach Sal, and the rest of the Corus team on the air broadcasting another exciting season of Ticats football."
"Corus Entertainment is proud to continue being the radio voice of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats," said Suzanne Carpenter, General Manager, Corus Radio Hamilton. "We have a passionate fan base in the Greater Hamilton Area and are thrilled to offer our listeners both pre-season and regular season games on both CHML and for a second year in a row, on Y108."
The first pre-season game airs Wednesday, June 17 at 8 p.m. against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers with the regular season kicking off on Canada's birthday, Wednesday, July 1 at 7 p.m. against the Toronto Argonauts. For a complete broadcast schedule please visit www.ticats.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 12, 2009
- Bombers Add Three to Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Lewis signs extension with Red and White - Calgary Stampeders
- Riders Add Defensive Line Coach - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argos Bring In Edwards And Keith On Defence - Toronto Argonauts
- Corus Radio Hamilton Is The 2009 Home To The Hamilton Tiger-Cats - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Unveil Plans for Uniquely Hamilton Stadium Experience at Tim Hortons Field for 2021 Grey Cup Game
- Tiger-Cats Sign Offensive Lineman Rhaney and Wide Receiver Leslie
- Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver Sumpter
- Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver Crockett and Defensive Back Gibson
- Tiger-Cats Add Four Internationals to Training Camp Roster