Cornerstone Bank Provides Boost to Railers HC Small Business Stimulus Power Play
WORCESTER, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) officially announced today that the CORNERSTONE BANK has pledged $5,000 towards theWorcester Railers HC Small Business Stimulus Power Play program.
The program, which was originally announced on April 14, has received over 4,000 nominations through RailersHC.com and includes over 500 unique small businesses in central Massachusetts.
"We are excited to partner with the Worcester Railers and their support of small businesses in our community now and in the future," said Cornerstone Bank president and treasurer Todd M. Tallman. "This program aligns with Cornerstone Bank's core values, and something we felt the need to contribute to as we continue to support our community during this difficult time."
With the addition of the $5,000 pledge from Cornerstone Bank, the Railers HC Small Business Stimulus Power Playwill purchase $1,000 worth of gift certificates on May 1, 2020 to 41 different small businesses located throughout central Massachusetts. Each of the 41 small businesses will then be highlighted at one of the Railers home games at the DCU Center next season, where the $1,000 worth of gift certificates will be given away to lucky fans in attendance. In total, $41,000 worth of gift certificates will be purchased through the Railers HC Small Business Stimulus Power Play.
Fans can continue to nominate their favorite small business that may be in need of a Railers Small Business Stimulus Power Play or by nominating on the Railers social media channels by using the hashtag #RailersStimulusPowerPlay.(nominations will be considered through April 29 at 12pm). The Railers will announce the 41 small businesses receiving the small business stimulus power play on May 1.
"We would like to thank Todd Tallman and the entire Cornerstone Bank crew for their generous support of the stimulus power play," said Railers president and COO Mike Myers. "We have received a huge response since the announcement last week and we encourage others to pledge their support of small businesses in central Massachusetts."
For more information, please contact Worcester Railers public relations coordinator Cam McGuire at CamM@RailersHC.com.
The Worcester Railers HC will be back this October at the DCU Center! Stay safe.....and for the most up to date information on all things Railers - please visit www.RailersHC.com or follow our social media channels.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 20, 2020
- Everblades Announce 2020-21 Home Schedule - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Announce ZOOM Experience Auction to Benefit Allen Public Safety Recovery Fund During COVID-19 Crisis - Allen Americans
- Cornerstone Bank Provides Boost to Railers HC Small Business Stimulus Power Play - Worcester Railers HC
- Cincinnati's Burke Receives ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year Award Presented by Warrior Hockey - ECHL
- Burke Named ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Unveil 2020-21 Home Schedule; 69th Home Opener October 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Railers Lose 3-2 to Adirondack in a Special Teams Filled Game
- Laura Schmidlein to Make ECHL History as First Female On-Ice Official at Railers Game December 11th
- Railers to Host Annual Teddy Bear Toss Game Presented by Fidelity Bank on Saturday December 11th
- Railers Take Down Mariners in the Shootout 3-2
- Railers Close Weekend with Loss vs. Newfoundland