Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 5
The pads were back on for a beautiful fifth day of training camp. The team practiced special teams drills and the quarterbacks had a pretty good day. Receivers K.D. Cannon and Naaman Roosevelt wowed the crowd with some big catches.
Paul McRoberts (illness)
Jordan Reaves (knee)
Mitch Picton (undisclosed)
Dan Clark (car accident)
Christion Jones (foot)
Brayden Lenius (undisclosed)
Justin McInnis (hamstring)
PLAY OF THE DAY
Naaman Roosevelt came through with a big 50-yard touchdown tossed by Zach Collaros during the team scrimmage.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Zimmermann's a tough kid. He's had an ankle (injury), I think a quad (injury). He just keeps playing. He's out here running gassers at the end of practice and I'm like "dude you need to stop running.' But he's a tough kid, he just wants to make this team and he's willing to do anything and everything to do that, so we've been really pleased with him." - Head Coach Craig Dickenson on German wide receiver Max Zimmermann
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2019
- Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 5 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Training Camp Report - Day 4 - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Offering Free Admission to Sunday's Game for Evacuated Residents - Edmonton Eskimos
- BC Lions Make Transactions - B.C. Lions
- CFL on TSN Kicks off with Exclusive Live Coverage of Preseason Action, Beginning May 31 - CFL
- New Era Set to Take the Field for the First Time in the CFL - CFL
- Eskimos Sign WR Jake Smith - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tiger-Cats Unveil Plans for Uniquely Hamilton Stadium Experience at Tim Hortons Field for 2021 Grey Cup Game - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tiger-Cats Sign Offensive Lineman Rhaney and Wide Receiver Leslie - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.