Cooper Walker Commits to Storm
GUELPH, ON - General Manager and Head Coach George Burnett announced Monday that Cooper Walker has signed an Ontario Hockey League Standard Player Agreement with the Storm.
Walker, a five-foot-10, 170-pound forward from Cambridge, ON, was the Storm's fifth round pick (91st overall) in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection.
"Cooper is a very intelligent and versatile player whose game has improved steadily in all areas," said Burnett. "Following a strong year of development in Jr. B last season, we expect Cooper to take the next step in 2019-20."
Walker played Junior A last season with the Kitchener Dutchmen recording four goals, 11 assists for 15 points in 47 games played. In 2017-18 playing minor midget with the Cambridge Hawks, the 16 year old had 27 points in 30 games (10 goals, 17 assists). He also had a goal and an assist in four games at the OHL Cup.
"I'm extremely excited to have committed to the Storm," said Walker. "I've grown up around the team, but have also visited with some schools. I believe that Guelph is the right place for my development as a student and an athlete. After watching the Storm win another OHL Championship and the excitement that it brought to the city and the great fans, I'm really excited to get started."
Cooper will join the rest of the Storm for training camp in August.
Birthdate: July 11, 2002
2018-19 Team: Kitchener Dutchmen
GP: 47 | G:4 | A:11 | PTS:15
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 10, 2019
- 2019 Home Opener September 20th - Sarnia Sting
- Home Opener Set for 2019-2020 - London Knights
- OHL Announces 2019-20 Home Openers - OHL
- Kitchener Rangers Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Kitchener Rangers
- Opening Night Date Announced - Flint Firebirds
- Petes to Face London Knights in 2019-20 Season Opener - Peterborough Petes
- 2019-20 Season and Home Opener September 21st - Windsor Spitfires
- Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 Home Opener Announced - Niagara IceDogs
- Cooper Walker Commits to Storm - Guelph Storm
- Attack Sign 2019 1st Rounder Deni Goure - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Guelph Storm Stories
- Storm Deeply Saddened by Passing of Bill Scott
- Oosterveld Heating & Air Conditioning Winter Wear Drive in Support of Lakeside Hope House
- Nico Daws Drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the 3rd Round of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft
- Storm Graduate Jason Dickinson Playing for Stanley Cup
- Storm Mourn the Loss of Adam Comrie