Connecticut's Miller Named WNBA Coach of the Month
NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2017 - The Connecticut Sun's Curt Miller today was named the WNBA Coach of the Month for games played in July.
Miller guided the Sun to an Eastern Conference-best 7-2 record for the month as Connecticut finished July tied with the Washington Mystics for the East lead at 14-9. Connecticut is 13-4 since a 1-5 start and has already equaled last year's win total.
Behind All-Star starters Jonquel Jones, Alyssa Thomas and Jasmine Thomas, the Sun led the WNBA in scoring (87.4 ppg) and steals (9.89 spg) during the month. Connecticut also ranked third in rebounds (35.6 rpg) and three-point field goal percentage (.363, 61-of-168).
On July 8, Miller led the Sun to the biggest comeback in franchise history as Connecticut rallied from a 22-point deficit in the third quarter to defeat the visiting Mystics 96-92.
The other nominee for the WNBA Coach of the Month was the Minnesota Lynx's Cheryl Reeve. This season marks the first time that the WNBA is presenting a Coach of the Month award.
The 2017 WNBA regular season runs through Sept. 3. For more information on the WNBA and game tickets, fans may visit www.wnba.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 1, 2017
- New York's Charles, Minnesota's Fowles Honored - New York Liberty
- Connecticut's Miller Named WNBA Coach of the Month - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- New York Liberty to Play in Preseason Tournament at Mohegan Sun Arena
- New York Liberty Head Coach Katie Smith Named to Women's Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2018
- New York Liberty Re-Signs Free Agent Native New Yorker's Kia Vaughn and Bria Hartley
- New York Liberty Announces 2018 Schedule
- New York Liberty Head Coach Katie Smith Conference