Comets Release Nolan Valleau and Caleb Herbert
Utica, NY - Utica Comets General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the club has released defenseman Nolan Valleau and forward Caleb Herbert from their professional tryout contracts.
Valleau, 25, appeared in five games with the Comets since signing with the team on April 4. He has played a majority of the season with the Orlando Solar Bears posting 34 points (8-26-34) in 41 ECHL games. In addition, the defenseman has also appeared in 11 AHL games this season between the Chicago Wolves, Rockford IceHogs and Milwaukee Admirals. The Novi, Michigan native has logged 124 career AHL games (4-16-20) over three professional seasons.
Herbert, 26, dressed with the Comets in Saturday's 3-1 loss to the Belleville Senators. He recently finished the ECHL season with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits leading the team with 24 goals and 52 points. In addition, the Bloomington, Minnesota native totaled 26 AHL games this season between Hartford and San Jose amassing seven points (2-5-7) and 22 penalty minutes. The forward has collected 27 points (12-15-27) and 69 penalty minutes in 103 career AHL games.
Herbert was originally selected by the Washington Capitals in the fifth round, 142nd overall, at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 16, 2018
- Wolves Roundup - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: April 16 - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward David Dziurzynski to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Week 28 Report: Rockford Readies for Playoff Battle with Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- AHL Picks Pulkkinen for Player of the Week - Chicago Wolves
- Senators Present $125,000 to Bay of Quinte Charities - Belleville Senators
- Holmstrom, Jones Returned to Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Predators Sign Tyler Gaudet to Two-Way Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Chicago's Teemu Pulkkinen Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Dziurzynski Released from PTO - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, April 16-22 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Release Nolan Valleau and Caleb Herbert - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.