Columbus Crew SC to Kick-Off Special Re-Airs of Black & Gold Matches Tonight
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that the Club is set to run special re-airs of Crew SC matches during the month of April. On select dates over the next month, the Club's website will stream re-airs of recent and historic matches and the Club's broadcast partner, SportsTime Ohio, will also showcase special re-airs throughout April. The broadcasts begin with a re-airing of MLS Cup 2008 via ColumbusCrewSC.com tonight, Wednesday, April 1 at 7:00 p.m. ET.
This weekend, SportsTime Ohio will re-air the Crew's 2019 regular-season home match against Atlanta United, almost a year to the date from the famous victory in difficult weather conditions (original air date: March 30, 2019). The re-air will take place on Saturday, April 4 at 4:00 p.m. ET. Following this weekend's broadcast, Crew SC will provide a weekly update on matches to catch each week across the Club website and SportsTime Ohio. Additionally, all Crew games on SportsTime Ohio will also stream on the FOX Sports GO App.
"During these challenging times it is important for us to be able to connect with our supporters and these re-airs are a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the Crew's 25 years of history and how much the Club has meant to our community," said Crew SC President and General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. "In addition to the content we are providing as a Club, we also want to thank our partners at FOX Sports Ohio for working with us to be able to provide our supporters the chance to re-live some of the best moments in Crew history while MLS play is suspended."
In addition to re-airing Crew SC matches, the Black & Gold have also worked on digital programming which includes a Crew Home Workout led by Kelly Roderick, Crew SC's Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach; The Breakdown, which features TV analyst Jordan Angeli providing analysis on specific plays from Crew matches; weekly food recipes from registered team dietitian Jay Short; and a weekly Kids' Corner activity book for the children at home, which is downloadable and printable. In addition to this, Crew SC supporters can also catch "Inside The Crew" - the Club's weekly radio show - on 97.1 The Fan every Tuesday at 9:00 p.m. ET.
Please see below for this week's schedule of Crew SC matches set to re-air on ColumbusCrewSC.com as well as on SportsTime Ohio.
Wednesday, April 1 at 7:00 p.m. - ColumbusCrewSC.com
MLS Cup 2008: Crew SC vs. New York Red Bulls - Original air date: November 23, 2008 | Crew SC defeats the New York Red Bulls 3-1 to win its first MLS Cup.
Saturday, April 4 at 4:00 p.m. ET - SportsTime Ohio
Crew SC vs. Atlanta United - Original air date: March 30, 2019 | Crew SC defeats Atlanta United 2-0, battling severe weather conditions.
NOTES: re-aired matches on ColumbusCrewSC.com will be geo-fenced to Crew SC's territory per Major League Soccer guidelines; re-aired matches on SportsTime Ohio will also stream on the FOX Sports GO App.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 1, 2020
- Take on 2019 eMLS Cup Champion Doolsta Live in New Duelsta Live Streaming Show - Nashville SC
- Dylan Nealis: Becoming Bilingual - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes to Donate More Than $21,000 to Help Feed East San Jose Youth Impacted by COVID-19 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC Announces 2020 Sports Science Seminar - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Foundation Launches Community Initiatives During COVID-19 Match Play Suspension - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC to Kick-Off Special Re-Airs of Black & Gold Matches Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Faces FC Cincinnati Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC to Play Closed-Door Scrimmages against Minnesota United FC in Orlando on July 5 Ahead of MLS Is Back Tournament
- Columbus Crew SC to Open MLS Is Back Tournament against FC Cincinnati on July 11
- Columbus Crew SC Breaks Ground at Future Site of OhioHealth Performance Center
- Columbus Crew SC and Cleveland Browns Statement - June 1, 2020