Columbus Crew SC Acquires up to $400,000 in Allocation Money Via Trade with FC Cincinnati
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that the club has acquired up to $400,000 in allocation money from FC Cincinnati in exchange for the right of first refusal to former Crew SC forward Kekuta Manneh. Crew SC received $250,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM), $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) and will receive an additional $100,000 in Allocation Money ($50,000 in TAM & $50,000 in GAM) should certain performance conditions be met. Manneh was a member of the Black & Gold during the 2017 season, arriving via trade in March of that year. During his time in Columbus, Manneh made 19 appearances (nine starts), recording four goals and three assists.
Crew SC continues its preseason this week with the team in Charleston, South Carolina, until February 24. While in Charleston, Crew SC is participating in the 2019 Carolina Challenge Cup, a tournament in which the Club returns as back-to-back champions. Columbus is set to face fellow MLS side the Chicago Fire on Saturday, February 16; United Soccer League team and tournament hosts the Charleston Battery on February 20; and MLS expansion side FC Cincinnati on February 23.
The Black & Gold begin the 2019 regular season at home and will face the defending Supporters' Shield winners, the New York Red Bulls, at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 2 at MAPFRE Stadium. 2019 Season Ticket Memberships are now on sale with additional information available via ColumbusCrewSC.com. Individual Match tickets - which include matches through the month of June - are now also available for sale online at ColumbusCrewSC.com as well as Partial Plans and 4-Pack Plus Plans, which include Opening Match and any regular-season match.
TRANSACTION: Columbus Crew SC acquires up to $400,000 in allocation money from FC Cincinnati in exchange for the right of first refusal to former Crew SC forward Kekuta Manneh, announced on February 13, 2019. Crew SC received $250,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM), $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) and will receive an additional $100,000 in Allocation Money ($50,000 in TAM & $50,000 in GAM) should certain performance conditions be met.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 13, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Split Doubleheader at Kino Sports Complex - Houston Dynamo
- Atlanta United Concludes Preseason Schedule with 0-0 Draw at LA Galaxy - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy to Unveil 2019 Night Navy Kit at the Novo at L.A. LIVE on Sunday, February 17 - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Acquires Forward Kekuta Manneh - FC Cincinnati
- Defender Daniel Kinumbe Loaned to Ottawa Fury FC - Montreal Impact
- Banc of California Stadium to Host El Salvador vs. Guatemala on March 6 - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires up to $400,000 in Allocation Money Via Trade with FC Cincinnati - Columbus Crew SC
- YES Network to Televise 22 Regular Season New York City FC Matches this Season - New York City FC
- Philadelphia Union Partners with Roxborough United SC - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire and Supporters to Stand Together in 2019 - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts D.C. United Tomorrow for a Midweek Eastern Conference Clash
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts the Portland Timbers at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Names Neil McGuinness as Director of Scouting
- Columbus Crew SC Faces the Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo this Afternoon
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Jon Kempin, Luis Argudo and JJ Williams on Loan