Colorado Rapids Acquire Keegan Rosenberry from Philadelphia Union
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - Colorado Rapids Soccer Club announced today the acquisition of defender Keegan Rosenberry in exchange for $150,000 General Allocation in 2019, $50,000 Targeted Allocation in 2019 and $100,000 General Allocation in 2020, plus $100,000 in conditional payments. Rosenberry becomes the sixth addition to the Rapids' roster since the conclusion of the 2018 season.
"In Keegan Rosenberry we are very excited to welcome one of the best young right backs in MLS to Colorado," said Rapids Executive Vice President & General Manager, Pádraig Smith. "He is a technically gifted and strong defender whose passing from the back will fit perfectly with our style of play."
Rosenberry, the third overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft, arrives in Colorado after spending his first three MLS seasons in Philadelphia. In all, he made 80 league appearances for the Union, 76 from the start, and scored three goals while contributing six assists. Last season, the right back recorded his first multi-assist game as he set up two of the five goals that would give Philadelphia a 5-1 win over Minnesota, a win which was enough to secure a knockout round spot in the 2018 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs.
The Harrisburg, Pennsylvania native was called to the 2017 January US Men's National Team camp, but has yet to make his first national team appearance.
"I'm looking forward to the next chapter in my professional career," said Rosenberry. "The Rapids organization have shown massive trust in me by bringing me here and I'm ready to get to work."
TRANSACTION: Colorado Rapids - December 19, 2018 - Colorado Rapids have acquired defender Keegan Rosenberry from Philadelphia Union in return for $250,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) and $50,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM), plus $100,000 in conditional payments.
Full Name: Keegan Rosenberry
Weight: 164 lbs.
Birth Date: December 11, 1993
Birthplace: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Hometown: Ronks, Pennsylvania
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 19, 2018
- Orlando City SC Acquires Second Round Pick from D.C. United - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Re-Signs Abe Valbuena as eMLS Competitor - Orlando City SC
- United Acquire Goalkeeper Earl Edwards Jr., from Orlando - D.C. United
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Keegan Rosenberry from Philadelphia Union - Colorado Rapids
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $400,000 in Allocation Money from Colorado Rapids - Philadelphia Union
- New England Revolution to Open 2019 Preseason in Spain - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Midfielder Chris Pontius - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Signs Defender Mathieu Deplagne - FC Cincinnati
- City Signs 2019 USL Champions Greg Ranjitsingh and Kyle Smith - Orlando City SC
- Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 Schedule Announced - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC to Open Champions League on February 21 in KC - Sporting Kansas City
- New York Red Bulls CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 Matchup Set - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo to Host CD Guastatoya February 26 in CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Houston Dynamo
- Dates Announced for Toronto FC's First Matchup in the 2019 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Acosta, Rosenberry and Rubio Pen Long-Term Deals with Colorado
- Colorado Rapids Signs Matt Hundley and Sam Raben as Homegrown Players
- Colorado Rapids Trade Marlon Hairston to Houston Dynamo for $175,000 in GAM
- Colorado Rapids Sign U.S. International Benny Feilhaber
- Colorado Rapids Announce 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule