Colorado Concludes Preseason with 4-2 Win over Barracuda
LOVELAND, CO. - Four different goal scorers led the Colorado Eagles to a 4-2 victory over the San Jose Barracuda in the preseason finale at the Budweiser Events Center on Saturday. Sergei Boikov, Ty Lewis, Andrew Agozzino and Michael Joly all lit the lamp, while goalie Pavel Francouz made 22 saves on 24 shots to earn the win in net.
Colorado got on the board first when Boikov finished off a 2-on-1 rush down the ice with a shot from the right circle that beat goaltender Josef Korenar to give the Eagles the 1-0 edge with 7:30 to play in the first period.
Later in the opening frame a Colorado power play would be thwarted when a turnover at center ice led to a 2-on-1 opportunity that would see forward Manny Weiderer finish off a centering feed in the low slot that would hit the back of the net and tie the game at 1-1 with 2:09 left in the period.
The Eagles would reclaim the lead just 3:36 into the second period when Boikov sprung Lewis on a rush down the left wing before burying a shot from the left circle to give Colorado the 2-1 advantage.
Heading into the third period the Eagles would stretch their lead on the power play when Agozzino collected a rebound in the right circle and fed the puck into the back of the net to give Colorado a 3-1 lead just 2:57 into the final frame.
The Eagles advantage would grow to 4-1 when Joly took a cross-slot feed from Lewis before snapping a wrister past San Jose goaltender Austin Lotz at the 13:31 mark of the period.
The Barracuda sliced the deficit to 4-2 when forward Francis Perron unfurled a shot from the left circle on the rush that would get past Francouz with just 1:09 to play in the contest.
Colorado finished the night going a perfect 7-for-7 on the penalty kill, while burying one power-play goal on five opportunities on the man-advantage.
The Eagles will begin their inaugural season in the AHL when they host the Chicago Wolves in the regular season opener on Friday, October 5th at 7:05pm at the Budweiser Events Center.
Season tickets for the 2018-19 season are on-sale now and get you the best seats at the best price for all 34 home games, plus guaranteed playoff tickets! Season tickets start at just $17 per seat per game, become part of the team and reserve your seats today by calling the Eagles ticketing department at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 30, 2018
- Parsons Stops 45 Shots as Heat Fall in Preseason Finale - Stockton Heat
- Callahan Scores Twice; Condors Sweep Preseason, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Defeat Crunch 4-1 in Preseason Finale - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Go Perfect in Preseason with 3-2 Win at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Drop Preseason Finale to Pens, 3-2 - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Topped by Amerks, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Rally Late vs. Providence, Look Ahead to Regular Season - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Release Three, Assign One - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Trim Preseason Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas and Texas Make Roster Moves - Texas Stars
- Moose Reduce Roster by Eight Players - Manitoba Moose
- Chicago Wolves Reduce Roster to 22 Players Ahead of Friday's Opener - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Assign Brandon Crawley to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Eagles Add Experience with Forward Cody Bass - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Host Preseason Party at Stockton Arena Today at 5PM - Stockton Heat
- Senators Trim Training Camp Roster to 24 - Belleville Senators
- Red Wings Assign Six to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Update Training Camp Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado Sends Four to Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Announce Roster Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign 12 Players to AHL's Cleveland Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Late Third Period Goals Steal Victory from Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Sikura, Delia Assigned to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Fall to Eagles 4-2 in Preseason Finale - San Jose Barracuda
- Colorado Concludes Preseason with 4-2 Win over Barracuda - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Eagles Fall to Bakersfield in Game One, 3-2
- Colorado Eagles Clinch Playoff Spot, First Round Schedule Announced
- Eagles Defeat San Jose 3-2, Punch Ticket to Playoffs
- Barracuda Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-1
- Forward Travis Barron Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies