Coca-Cola Becomes Official Beverage Partner of the San Jose Earthquakes
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes today announced a multi-year partnership with Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling, making them the club's "Official Beverage Partner" beginning this season.
"We are excited to welcome Coca-Cola into the Quakes family," said Earthquakes Vice President of Strategy Ian Anderson. "Coca-Cola is an iconic global brand with beloved products that we're proud to serve to our fans at PayPal Park. We're also looking forward to launching several unique environmental and community initiatives that aim to uplift and support San Jose."
As part of the agreement, Coca-Cola beverage products such as Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero Sugar, Sprite, Minute Maid Lemonade, Gold Peak Tea, Dasani, and smartwater will be available for sale at all future Quakes matches and stadium events hosted at PayPal Park. Coca-Cola's logo and branding will also be featured on stadium scoreboard signage, new energy-efficient coolers, and other locations throughout the venue.
The multi-year deal will also include sustainability initiatives as part of an effort to contribute to better living environments. Projects include the Quakes' first 'Sustainability Day' title night, sponsored by Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling, and vegetable-planting events throughout the year.
In addition to the aforementioned eco-friendly components, the Earthquakes and Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling will join forces to support various community efforts in and around San Jose. Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling will be supporting two Unified team athletes each year, one with an intellectual disability and one without, in the form of a scholarship. Additionally, with Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling's support, the Quakes will host a team dinner and soccer clinic at PayPal Park run by Unified athletes for kids with intellectual disabilities.
The partnership will also launch the club's first Women's Achievement Initiative, a program showcasing female leaders of today and tomorrow in the San Jose community. This unique platform will recognize one current and one rising leader at a home match every month.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2021
- FC Cincinnati Loan Goalkeeper Ben Lundt to Phoenix Rising FC - FC Cincinnati
- Restocked Orlando City Keeping Emotions in Check vs. NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- Injury Updates for Julián Carranza, Nicolás Figal, and Robbie Robinson - Inter Miami CF
- Coca-Cola Becomes Official Beverage Partner of the San Jose Earthquakes - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Loans Goalkeeper Elliot Panicco and Defender Nick Hinds to Austin Bold FCÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Loans Jordan Bender to Charlotte Independence - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Faces San Jose Earthquakes in Friday Night Matchup - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Introduces 2021 Homegrown Partner Program Class - FC Dallas
- Historic First-Ever Match at Q2 Stadium Will Feature U.S. Women's National Team vs. Nigeria on Wednesday, June 16 - Austin FC
- Timbers Conclude Concacaf Champions League Run with 3-1 Road Loss to Club América - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Announce Broadcast and Kickoff Time Changes for Road Match vs. LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 7, 2021
- Earthquakes Sign SuperDraft Selection George Asomani
- Earthquakes to Host Vaccination Event on June 10
- Club America vs. Atlas FC Kickoff Time Moved to 7:30 p.m. PT