BLUE JACKETS REASSIGN DEFENSEMAN JACOB GRAVES TO MONSTERS
Blue-liner posted 0-4-4 in 24 appearances for ECHL's Quad City Mallards this season.
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Monday that the Blue Jackets reassigned defenseman Jacob Graves to Cleveland from the ECHL's Quad City Mallards. In 24 appearances for Quad City this season, Graves supplied 0-4-4 with 21 penalty minutes and a-10 rating.
A 6'2", 192 lb., right-handed native of Barrie, ON, Graves, 22, supplied 1-1-2 with 29 penalty minutes and a -1 rating in 19 appearances for the Monsters last season. In parts of two ECHL seasons with the Cincinnati Cyclones and Quad City from 2016-18, Graves logged 0-5-5 with 30 penalty minutes and a -11 rating in 33 combined appearances. Prior to his professional career, Graves contributed 3-39-42 with 452 penalty minutes and a -20 rating in 281 OHL appearances for the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors, Mississauga Steelheads, Kingston Frontenacs, Oshawa Generals, and London Knights spanning parts of five seasons from 2012-16. Graves helped London claim the 2016 OHL and Memorial Cup Championships.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Wednesday home clash vs. the Rockford IceHogs with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1 and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Full and partial season ticket memberships are on sale now and provide you with the best seat locations, custom member benefits and the lowest ticket prices starting at only $10 per game. Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000, visiting The Q Box Office or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.
The Cleveland Monsters are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League playing at Quicken Loans Arena and the Canton Charge of the NBA G League playing in nearby Canton, Ohio at the Canton Civic Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2018
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS - Cleveland Monsters
- Andrey Pedan Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- MONSTERS Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- St. Louis Blues Recall Forward Tage Thompson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Tuesday's Checkers Game Is Sold Out - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Rocket Past Bears on Moon Landing Night by 5-2 Final Score
- Blue Jackets Reassign Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks to Monsters
- Monsters Stun Amerks 5-2 Behind 32 Saves from Jean-Francois Berube
- Monsters Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission with 'Moon Landing Night' this Saturday
- Monsters Earn Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to IceHogs