Clarendon, Tuck Move Closer to Gold
Morgan Tuck and Layshia Clarendon took another step closer to a gold medal as the 2018 USA Basketball Women's team advanced to the quarterfinals of the FIBA World Cup, completing a 3-0 run in Group D pool play with a 102-76 victory over Latvia Tuesday. Clarendon had seven assists, four steals and five points for the USA. The quarterfinal game is set for Friday, and the semifinals are scheduled for Saturday. The times and specific ESPN channels have yet to be determined. The gold medal game is Sunday on ESPN at 3 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 25, 2018
- Nurse's Game-High In Win Over France Gifts Canada Quarterfinals Appearance - New York Liberty
- Charles Leads the Way for USA Victory - New York Liberty
- Clarendon, Tuck Move Closer to Gold - Connecticut Sun
- Allen and Australia Down Turkey 90-64 to Advance to World Cup Quarterfinals - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.