Cincinnati's Burke Receives ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year Award Presented by Warrior Hockey
April 20, 2020 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced on Monday that Chris Burke of the Cincinnati Cyclones is the 2019-20 recipient of the ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year Award, presented by Warrior Hockey.
The winner is determined in a vote of the league's equipment managers and athletic trainers.
This marks the second time in his career that Burke has received the Equipment Manager of the Year Award after previously winning in 2005-06 while he was with the Fresno Falcons. A native of Cincinnati, Burke began his career with the Cyclones, working with the team for four seasons, including one as the head equipment manager. During the 2004-05 season, he was equipment manager for the Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies before joining Fresno in 2005-06. He returned to the Cyclones in 2006-07, and has been with the team for the last 12 seasons and has been selected to work the ECHL All-Star Classic on two occasions.
ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year
2019-20 Chris Burke, Cincinnati Cyclones
2018-19 Jason MacDonald, Reading Royals
2017-18 Darren Flinchem, Indy Fuel
2016-17 Andrew Dvorak, Missouri Mavericks
2015-16 Drew Kitts, Quad City Mallards
2014-15 Dakota King, Gwinnett Gladiators
2013-14 Billy Higgins, Wheeling Nailers
2012-13 Adam Dexter, Orlando Solar Bears
2011-12 Ryan Martin, Greenville Road Warriors
2010-11 Mike Burkhead, Alaska Aces
2009-10 Ben Laing, Stockton Thunder
2008-09 Pat Noecker, Reading Royals
2007-08 Pat Noecker, Reading Royals
2005-06 Chris Burke, Fresno Falcons
2004-05 John Jennings, Florida Everblades and Russ Holden, Reading Royals
2003-04 John Krouse, Pensacola Ice Pilots
2002-03 Tom Severance, Charlotte Checkers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 20, 2020
- Everblades Announce 2020-21 Home Schedule - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Announce ZOOM Experience Auction to Benefit Allen Public Safety Recovery Fund During COVID-19 Crisis - Allen Americans
- Cornerstone Bank Provides Boost to Railers HC Small Business Stimulus Power Play - Worcester Railers HC
- Cincinnati's Burke Receives ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year Award Presented by Warrior Hockey - ECHL
- Burke Named ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Unveil 2020-21 Home Schedule; 69th Home Opener October 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.