Chris Boucher and Jordan Loyd Named to All-G League Team
NEW YORK - NBA G League Most Valuable Player and Defensive Player of the Year Chris Boucher of Raptors 905 headlines the 2018-19 All-NBA G League Teams and the All-Defensive Team, which were announced today along with the All-Rookie Team.
Boucher, who averaged 27.2 points, 11.4 rebounds and 4.1 blocked shots, is joined on the All-NBA G League First Team by Agua Caliente Clippers center Angel Delgado, Raptors 905 guard Jordan Loyd, Capital City Go-Go guard and league scoring leader Jordan McRae (30.4 ppg) and Long Island Nets forward Alan Williams. All five members of the First Team played in both the NBA and NBA G League during the 2018-19 season, with Boucher as both an NBA two-way player and assignee and Delgado, Loyd, McRae and Williams as two-way players.
The All-NBA G League Second Team features three NBA two-way players: forward Yante Maten (Sioux Falls/Miami Heat), forward Johnathan Motley (Agua Caliente/LA Clippers) and guard Theo Pinson (Long Island/Brooklyn Nets). Center Isaiah Hartenstein of the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and guard Walter Lemon Jr. of the Windy City Bulls round out the Second Team. Hartenstein has spent time on assignment from the Houston Rockets throughout the season. Lemon Jr. earned a GATORADE Call-Up with the Chicago Bulls on March 29.
The Third Team is composed of four NBA two-way players: guard PJ Dozier (Maine Red Claws/Boston Celtics), forward Amile Jefferson (Lakeland Magic/Orlando Magic), guard Kalin Lucas (Grand Rapids Drive/Detroit Pistons) and forward Duncan Robinson (Sioux Falls Skyforce/Miami Heat). Wisconsin Herd forward Christian Wood, who spent time on assignment from the Milwaukee Bucks throughout the season, completes the Third Team. On Jan. 15, Lucas earned a GATORADE Call-Up by signing a two-way contract.
In all, 15 players on the three 2018-19 All-NBA G League Teams played in the NBA this season.
Delgado, the 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year and the league's top rebounder (14.8 rpg), leads the 2018-19 NBA G League All-Rookie Team. Joining him on the All-Rookie Team are Capital City Go-Go guard Chris Chiozza, Sioux Falls' Maten and Robinson and Long Island's Pinson.
Joining Boucher on the 2018-19 NBA G League All-Defensive Team are Westchester Knicks guard Kadeem Allen, Austin Spurs center Amida Brimah, Rio Grande Valley guard Gary Payton II and Delaware Blue Coats center Norvel Pelle. For Allen and Brimah, this is their second consecutive selection to the All-Defensive Team.
The complete All-NBA G League, All-Rookie and All-Defensive Team results are below. The league's 27 head coaches and general managers selected each team.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 9, 2019
- The Chase for Three Continues: Vipers Force a Winner Take All in the 2019 NBA G League Finals - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Guard Tarik Phillip Signs with Washington Wizards - Memphis Hustle
- Chris Boucher and Jordan Loyd Named to All-G League Team - Raptors 905
- Indiana Fever Announce 20 Towns for 20 Seasons Tour - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Raptors 905 Stories
- Charles Settles in with 905 and Keeps His Raptor Roots
- First Book Canada, Raptors 905, and Penguin Random House Canada Launch the Tangerine Bank Raptors 905 Summer Reading Challenge
- Raptors 905 Name Courtney M. Charles VP Basketball & Franchise Operations
- Raptors Uprising Crowned Champions of the Tipoff Tournament Powered by AT&T
- Raptors Uprising GC Announce 2020 NBA 2K League Schedule