Chivas USA head coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola "El Chelis" to attend Academy tryouts this Mo
CARSON, Calif. (Sunday, January 27, 2013) - Chivas USA Head Coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola "El Chelis" will be in attendance at the Red-and-White's Jan. 28 Youth Academy tryouts, the club announced. Chivas USA's academy will host a total of three tryouts for its Under-14 squad, beginning Monday at Veterans Park located at 1945 W. Mission Blvd., in the city of Pomona, Calif. at 7:30 p.m. The second and third tryouts take place on Feb. 25 and April 22, respectively.
Chivas USA's Youth Academy program is an effort from the organization to identify top talent in Southern California. The Chivas USA Academy is a fully funded program, trained and coached by ex-MLS, collegiate, USSF "A" licensed staff. These Academy players will train a minimum of four days a week, will get the opportunity to compete in the USSDA SoCal Division, arguably the toughest competition in the country, and they will play in a 10-month season, which maximizes training and competitive matches for the year.
Chivas USA will kick off its ninth season when it hosts the Columbus Crew at The Home Depot Center for First Kick 2013 on Saturday, March 2, beginning at 7:30 p.m. PT. Ticket packs are available for as little as $10 per ticket and include extra bonuses. For more information please call 1-877-CHIVAS-1 or visit cdchivasusa.com. Follow us on Twitter @cdchivasusa and Facebook.com/chivasusa.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 27, 2013
- Chicago Fire Open Preseason Schedule With 2-0 Victory Over Florida Gulf Coast University - Chicago Fire
- Impact Acquires International Spot From Seattle For Midfielder Lamar Neagle - Montreal Impact
- No longer a rookie, Rowe ready for the grind in 2013 - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Acquires Midfielder Lamar Neagle - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chivas USA head coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola "El Chelis" to attend Academy tryouts this Mo - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.