Chiefs Bats Fall Quiet in Loss to Quad Cities
Davenport, IA - In a game that featured only four hits, the Quad Cities River Bandits blanked the Chiefs 2-0 Saturday night.
The River Bandits scored their two runs in the third on an Eric Cole single and a Nick Loftin sacrifice fly. Both runs were unearned due to a throwing error by Peoria pitcher Logan Gragg. Gragg was ultimately on his game Saturday. He allowed just three hits over five innings, but was tagged with a tough luck loss. Enmanuel Solano and Leonardo Taveras combined to throw three shutout innings for the Chiefs.
Peoria's lone hit came in the seventh inning, when Pedro Pages led off the frame with an infield hit. Peoria collected just three baserunners in the loss. The Chiefs were shutout for the first time since June 18.
The two teams will wrap up the season series tomorrow afternoon. Mac Lardner is scheduled to take the mound for the Chiefs. First pitch is scheduled for 1:00 PM.
Single-Game Ticket Information
September single game tickets are now on sale! Tickets can be purchased online or at the box office Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and on Friday's from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. The box office will be closed for lunch daily between 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The Peoria Chiefs are locally owned and operated and play their games at Dozer Park. The Chiefs are a committed community asset and premier entertainment venue for families and individuals in Central Illinois.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from September 11, 2021
- Pages Slugs Historic 28th Homer in Loons Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Block, Bullpen One-Hit Chiefs in Skid Snapping Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Butler, Armenteros Go Deep, But Lugs Drop Slugfest - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kernels Win in Extras - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Bats Fall Quiet in Loss to Quad Cities - Peoria Chiefs
- Espino Fans 10 Again, Captains Fall Short - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Pitchers Shut Down Captains in 4-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Rattlers Fall in Extra Innings to Kernels - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Information: September 11 vs. Lansing - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Beloit Snappers to Commenoriate 9/11 - Beloit Snappers
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.