Chicago Sky Waive Stella Johnson
CHICAGO - The Chicago Sky has waived Stella Johnson, the team announced today.
Johnson was signed by the Sky on June 29 after initially being selected by the Phoenix Mercury in the third round (No. 29 overall) of the 2020 WNBA Draft. The 5-foot-8 guard appeared in four games for the Sky this season.
Chicago (5-3) tips off against Phoenix (5-3) for the second and final time of the 2020 WNBA season tonight at 9:00 p.m. ET / 8:00 p.m. CT, with the game being broadcast on WCIU, Fox Sports Arizona, on WNBA League Pass.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 12, 2020
- Game Preview: Fever Match up with New-Look Liberty on Thursday - Indiana Fever
- Sun Slide Past Wings 70-66 - Dallas Wings
- Chicago Sky Waive Stella Johnson - Chicago Sky
- Chicago Leaders Pledge to Match Sky Players Donations to #SkyTakesAction Initiative - Chicago Sky
- New York Liberty 8/11 Postgame Notes vs. Los Angeles - New York Liberty
- High Scoring First Half Not Enough for Fever against Aces - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Sky Stories
- Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season
- Chicago Sky Sign Alexis Prince
- Chicago Sky Clinch Second Straight Playoff Berth
- Vandersloot Becomes 1st Player in History to Record 18 Assists in Single Game; Shattering 22-Year-Old Record
- Chicago Sky Sign Alisia Jenkins