Chicago Sky Sign Guard Hind Ben Abdelkader
CHICAGO - The Chicago Sky announced today that the team has signed guard Hind Ben Abdelkader. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not released.
"Hind gives us added security to our point guard spot," Sky General Manager and Head Coach James Wade said. "She's had competitive years in EuroLeague and has played well in Turkey, which made us take notice."
Ben Abdelkader currently plays for Hatay in Turkey, where she is averaging 19.2 points, 4.2 assists, and 1.3 steals while shooting 92.7 percent from the free throw line.
"One thing that attracts me about Hind is that she can spread the floor and she has an aggressive rhythm, which is a nice change," Wade said. "She also had a positive net rating as a rookie in Indiana."
The 5-foot-8 guard played 14 games with the Indiana Fever in the 2018 season. She averaged 2.1 points, .8 assists, 1 rebound, and 10.2 minutes per game before being waived by the team on July 1. Training camp for the 2019 WNBA season opens on Sunday, May 5.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from March 18, 2019
- Chicago Sky Sign Guard Hind Ben Abdelkader - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Sky Stories
- Chicago Sky Select Katie Lou Samuelson with No. 4 Overall Pick in WNBA Draft 2019
- Chicago Sky Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Chicago Sky Sign Guard Hind Ben Abdelkader
- Chicago Sky Re-Sign Center Astou Ndour
- Chicago Sky Sign Victoria Macaulay to Training Camp Contract