Chicago Sky Sign Alisia Jenkins
BRADENTON, Fla. - The Chicago Sky has signed free agent Alisia Jenkins to a seven-day contract, Sky General Manager and Head Coach James Wade announced.
A 6-foot-1 forward, Jenkins entered the WNBA bubble after being signed by the Indiana Fever on Aug. 17 and made her WNBA debut on Tuesday, Aug. 25. She was released by the Fever on Aug. 28, the same day that Chicago acquired forward Stephanie Mavunga from Indiana in a deadline trade, sending center Jantel Lavender and two 2021 draft picks in exchange.
Jenkins is expected to make her first appearance for Chicago when the Sky faces the Indiana Fever today at 6:00 p.m. ET / 5:00 p.m. CT on CBS Sports Network.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 31, 2020
- Aces Continue Battle for Playoff Positioning Tuesday vs. Phoenix - Las Vegas Aces
- Bria Hartley out for the Year - Phoenix Mercury
- Alyssa Thomas Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week - Connecticut Sun
- Chicago Sky Sign Alisia Jenkins - Chicago Sky
- Postgame Notes: Atlanta 79, Los Angeles 84 - Atlanta Dream
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Sky Stories
- Chicago Sky Launches Beyond Basketball Pitch Competition, Will Award $90,000 to Local Businesses
- Courtney Vandersloot Named to All-WNBA First Team for Second Consecutive Season
- Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season
- Chicago Sky Sign Alexis Prince
- Chicago Sky Clinch Second Straight Playoff Berth