Chicago Sky Sign Alexis Prince
BRADENTON, Fla. - The Chicago Sky has signed forward Alexis Prince for the remainder of the season, the team announced Sunday. Additionally, guard Alisia Jenkins was released from the team at the end of her seven-day contract.
Prince has already begun the league's quarantine protocol at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, and will be eligible to join the Sky for practices and games as early as this week, after its completion.
Drafted by the Phoenix Mercury in the second round of the 2017 WNBA Draft, the 6-2 Baylor graduate appeared in 18 games with Phoenix in 2017 and two games with the Atlanta Dream in 2018 before playing professionally in France, Spain, and Turkey. In the 2019-20 WNBA offseason, Prince averaged 22.6 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 4.8 assists per game for the Turkish league's Hatay BSB (KSBL). Prince's performance earned her to be named Eurobasket.com's All-Turkish KBSL Forward of the Year, as well as First Team and All-Imports Team honors.
The Sky originally signed Prince to a training camp contract in February 2020, prior to the postponement of the start of the WNBA season.
Chicago (11-8) tips off vs. the Los Angeles Sparks (13-5) tonight at 8:00p ET / 7:00p CT on WCIU's The U, Spectrum SportsNet, and CBS Sports Network.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 6, 2020
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Notes - 9.6 vs Seattle - Minnesota Lynx
- Wings Vanquish Mystics in OT Behind Ogunbowale's 39 Points - Dallas Wings
- Chicago Sky Sign Alexis Prince - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Sky Stories
- Chicago Sky Launches Beyond Basketball Pitch Competition, Will Award $90,000 to Local Businesses
- Courtney Vandersloot Named to All-WNBA First Team for Second Consecutive Season
- Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season
- Chicago Sky Sign Alexis Prince
- Chicago Sky Clinch Second Straight Playoff Berth