Chicago Fire Travel to Face New York Red Bulls
The Chicago Fire (1-3-1, 4 points) travel to face the New York Red Bulls (3-2-0, 9 points) at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J. on Saturday, April 21 at 2:30 p.m. CT (Univision/Univision Chicago 1200AM).
This is Fire's second road match of the season, the first against Eastern Conference opposition.
CHICAGO FIRE AT NEW YORK RED BULLS
The Fire hold a 26-17-12 all-time regular season record against the Red Bulls, including a 11-13-3 record in matches played on the road.
Midfielder Dax McCarty joined the Fire from the Red Bulls prior to the start of the 2017 season. Over the course of six seasons with the Red Bulls, McCarty scored 14 goals and tallied 27 assists in 169 regular season appearances, and also appeared in 17 postseason games.
Fire midfielder Tony Tchani began his professional career when he was selected second overall in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft by the Red Bulls. Tchani scored one goal and tallied three assists over the course of two seasons before departing for Toronto FC on April 1, 2011.
Red Bulls head coach Jesse Marsch joined the Fire prior to the start of the inaugural season in 1998. Marsch appeared in 200 regular season matches for the Men in Red and helped the side to the 1998 MLS Cup, 1998, 2000 and 2003 U.S. Open Cup championships before departing in 2005.
Red Bulls Sporting Director Denis Hamlett joined the Fire coaching staff prior to the start of the 1998 season. He was named first assistant in 2001 and served as the interim head coach briefly in 2007 before being named head coach in 2008. Hamlett held the post for two seasons.
Red Bulls assistant coach Chris Armas was acquired by the Fire prior to the 1998 season. Through ten seasons with the Men in Red, Armas led the Fire to the 1998 MLS Cup and was a part of all four of the Fire's Open Cup titles (1998, 2000, 2003, 2006). Armas retired in 2007 having tallied nine goals and 42 assists for the Fire in 214 games over the course of ten seasons. In 2008, Armas served as an assistant coach for the Fire and on Oct. 22, 2009, was inducted into the Ring of Fire.
CHICAGO FIRE ACADEMY PRODUCT NAMED TO U.S. UNDER-17 MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM ROSTER
Chicago Fire Academy goalkeeper Damian Las has been selected by U.S. Under-17 Men's National Team head coach John Hackworth to the 24-man roster for a series of friendlies against India and Norway in the 2018 Sportchain Cup in Benicassim, Spain.
The U.S. will face India on April 16 and 19 and take on Norway on April 17 and 21. All the matches will be played at the FACSA Sports Centre in Benicassim.
CHICAGO FIRE TO OFFER BASTIAN SCHWEINSTEIGER BOBBLEHEAD TICKET PACKAGE
The Chicago Fire have launched the Bastian Schweinsteiger Bobblehead Ticket Package, offering fans 4-packs of tickets to the July 11 home match along with a limited-edition Bastian Schweinsteiger bobblehead figurine.
Fans have the option to choose from Club, Premier or Corner Kick seat locations for their pair of 4-packs. Fans who order the Bastian Schweinsteiger Bobblehead Ticket Package will be able to pick up their bobblehead at the July 11 match against the Philadelphia Union.
CHICAGO FIRE TO HOST FIFTH ANNUAL SOCCER & STYLE FASHION SHOW
The Chicago Fire Soccer Club will host the fifth annual Soccer & Style fashion show at Galleria Marchetti (825 West Erie Street, Chicago, IL 60642) on Wednesday, May 2. Doors open at 6 p.m. CT with the runway show beginning at 7 p.m. CT.
Hosted by the Chicago Fire Foundation, this year's event will feature Fire players Mo Adams, Jon Bakero, Brandt Bronico, Jonathan Campbell, Diego Campos, Stefan Cleveland, Drew Conner, Rafael Ramos and Richard Sanchez walking the runway in the season's hottest looks from Banana Republic and Lululemon Athletic.
Tickets, which are $80 and include event entry, food and three drink tickets, are available here.
All proceeds from the event benefit the Chicago Fire Foundation. In 2017 the fashion show raised more than $20,000 for the Foundation and its award winning P.L.A.Y.S. (Participate, Learn, Achieve, Youth, Soccer) Program.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 16, 2018
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: April 16, 2018 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Banc of California Stadium Opens with Culinary Collection of Los Angeles Favorites - Los Angeles FC
- Chicago Fire Travel to Face New York Red Bulls - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC Is Two Games Away from the FIFA Club World Cup - MLS
- Knee Injury to Sideline Kelyn Rowe for One to Four Weeks - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Fines Portland Timbers Owner Merritt Paulson for Comments Regarding Officiating - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Name Associate Head Coach for Saskatchewan Academy Centre - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Selects Three Players in Final Rounds of 2019 MLS SuperDraft
- Chicago Fire Acquires MLS Rights to Midfielder Amando Moreno
- Chicago Fire Receives 2018 Marisa Colaiano Community Relations Team of the Year Award
- Chicago Fire Acquires $150,000 in General Allocation Money, Rights to a Player To-Be-Named During 2019 MLS SuperDraft
- Chicago Fire Acquires $100,000 in General Allocation Money, No. 15 Overall SuperDraft Pick from Colorado Rapids