Chicago Fire Soccer Club, Lansing Ignite FC Form Alliance
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. and LANSING, Mich. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club and Lansing Ignite FC today announced a collaborative alliance, which will see the teams share technical resources throughout the 2019 season.
In addition to sharing technical resources, Lansing will host a Chicago Fire reserve side in a friendly match at 6:00 p.m. CT at Cooley Law School Stadium on Tuesday, Sept. 24. Tickets to the match are available.
Per the alliance, the Fire will send players on loan to Lansing with an option to recall those players at any point during the loan. Three Fire players have joined Lansing on loan in 2019, including defender Grant Lillard, defender/midfielder Raheem Edwards and goalkeeper Stefan Cleveland. Lillard and Cleveland, who joined LIFC on loan on May 16, recently appeared for the USL League One club in its match against North Texas SC on May 18.
"Lansing Ignite is doing things in the right way and in a first-class manner," said Chicago Fire Soccer Club President and General Manager Nelson RodrÃ-guez. "This partnership will provide our younger players with an opportunity to gain additional professional experience, while also expanding our presence in the Midwest."
"The alliance not only provides our team with exposure to the highest levels of the game in the United States but also gives the Lansing community an opportunity to see high-quality competition," said Lansing Vice President and General Manager Jeremy Sampson.
Founded by Majority Owner Tom Dickson, President Nick Grueser and Vice President and General Manager Jeremy Sampson in October 2018, Lansing Ignite FC competes in USL League One, the foundation of professional soccer in the United States. LIFC is based in Michigan's Capital city and is led by Head Coach Nate Miller, the youngest head coach across all U.S. professional soccer leagues (MLS, USL Championship and USL League One).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 23, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 23, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Looks to Extend Unbeaten Streak to Seven on Friday Night against Montreal Impact - Los Angeles FC
- Impact Visits Los Angeles FC Friday Night - Montreal Impact
- Eight Houston Dynamo Players Available for Fans to Vote for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - Houston Dynamo
- Eight LAFC Players Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Ballot - Los Angeles FC
- Eight Real Salt Lake Players on 2019 MLS All-Star Ballot - Real Salt Lake
- Eight Impact Players Nominated for the 2019 MLS All-Star Game - Montreal Impact
- Fan Voting Launches for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - D.C. United
- Fan Voting Launches for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - Atlanta United FC
- Fan Voting Launches for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - MLS
- Minnesota United Announces Long-Term Partnership with National Sports Center - Minnesota United FC
- Eight FC Dallas Player Available for Fans to Vote for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Defending MLS Cup Champion Atlanta United FC Friday at Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club, Lansing Ignite FC Form Alliance - Chicago Fire
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Real Salt Lake - Atlanta United FC
- Preview: Orlando City Hosts La Galaxy on Friday - Orlando City SC
- By the Numbers: GPG vs. Galaxy - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Announces Protected Players in Advance of 2019 MLS Expansion Draft
- Chicago Fire Receives $75,000 in General Allocation Money from Inter Miami FC
- Chicago Fire Part Ways with Head Coach Veljko Paunovic
- Chicago Fire Receives $100,000 in Allocation Money from Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire's Micheal Azira, Francisco Calvo and Elliot Collier Called up to National Teams for Upcoming November Matches