Chicago Fire Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic Added to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - U.S. Soccer announced today that Chicago Fire midfielder Djordje Mihailovic has been added to its 23-man roster for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup. Mihailovic was added after midfielder Duane Holmes was forced to withdraw from the roster due to an injury.
The USMNT will begin play in the Gold Cup against Guyana on June 18 at 9:00 p.m. CT (FS1, UniMas) at Allianz Field in St. Paul, Minn. Following its opening match against Guyana, the U.S. is scheduled to face Trinidad and Tobago on June 22 at 7:00 p.m. CT (FS1, Univision) at the FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio. The team will then wrap up group play against Panama on June 26 at 8:00 p.m. CT (FS1, UniMas) at Children's Mercy Park in Kansas City, Kan.
Mihailovic, 20, made his senior team debut on Jan. 27, 2019 and has three total caps for the USMNT. In his first appearance with the U.S., the midfielder started and scored in a 3-0 win over Panama.
The ninth Homegrown Player signing in Chicago Fire history, Mihailovic has made 42 appearances (28 starts) for the Fire, including 16 appearances (13 starts) in 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 15, 2019
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic Added to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Battles Columbus Crew SC to 2-2 Draw
- Chicago Fire Acquires $100,000 in General Allocation Money from Atlanta United
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Cristian Martinez Called up to U-22 Panama National Team
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 2-1 to FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Announces Partnership with Captain Morgan