Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 28 Ã¢ÂÂ October 4
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC will travel to Harrison, N.J. to face the Montreal Impact at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, Oct. 3. The match is set to begin at 6:30 p.m. CT and will be broadcast live on WGN-TV and ESPN+ and transmitted locally in Spanish on 105.1 WOJO-HD2. The pregame show, presented by CIBC, will begin at 6:15 p.m. CT on ESPN+.
Heading into Sunday's match, the Fire (4-7-3, 15 points) are coming off back-to-back clean sheet wins at home, producing a 4-0 win over the Houston Dynamo on Sept. 23 and a 2-0 victory over Atlanta United FC on Sept. 27. After completing a six-point week, the Fire moved into a playoff position in the Eastern Conference standings.
Forward Robert BeriÄ found the back of the net for a fourth consecutive game in the team's 2-0 win over Atlanta United. With a goal against Montreal on Sunday, BeriÄ will match a Club record for consecutive games with a goal, previously set by former Fire midfielder David Accam in the 2017 campaign. BeriÄ leads the Fire with six goals scored in 2020.
Fire goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth, who recorded his fourth shutout of the season and the 45th of his career, made a season-high five saves versus Atlanta on Sunday night.
Sunday's contest marks the first meeting between the Fire and Montreal in 2020. In 2019, the two teams split the head-to-head regular season series, with each side winning their home game.
Montreal (5-8-1, 16 points) currently sit in eighth place in the Eastern Conference. After suffering a 4-1 defeat to the New York Red Bulls on Sept. 27, the Impact have lost four straight games in league play. Midfielder Romell Quioto leads the team in goals scored (six).
The three Canadian clubs - Montreal Impact, Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC - will continue their seasons in accordance with travel protocols. Home games are slated for the Montreal Impact at Red Bull Arena (Harrison, N.J.), Toronto FC at Rentschler Field (East Hartford, Conn.), and Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Providence Park (Portland, Ore).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 28, 2020
- MLS and Colorado Rapids Confirm Additional COVID-19 Positive Cases - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 28 Ã¢ÂÂ October 4 - Chicago Fire
- Inter Miami CF Trades Roman Torres to Seattle Sounders FC - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Acquires Defender Roman Torres from Inter Miami CF - Seattle Sounders FC
- Laryea Named MLS Player of the Week - Toronto FC
- Toronto FC Defender Richie Laryea Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC First-Ever Sports Team to be Named a Finalist for Prestigious U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Citizens Awards - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Remains Hungry for More After Four-Point Week - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced MLS Goalkeeper Evan Bush Via Trade from Montreal Impact - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Trades Evan Bush to Vancouver - Montreal Impact
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 28, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Time for October 18 Home Match against New York City FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Rave Green Cruise to 3-1 Win at LA Galaxy - Seattle Sounders FC
- Quakes score twice late to earn first win over LAFC - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Earn 1-0 Road Shutout Victory over Vancouver Whitecaps FC Sunday Night - Portland Timbers
- 'Caps fall to West co-leaders in first Portland home match - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 19-25
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Five Games, Earn Hard-Fought Point Versus Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Launch First-Ever Virtual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser
- MLS Announces Postponement of Tonight's Chicago Fire FC at Minnesota United FC Match