Chicago Fire FC Unveil 2020 Secondary Kit, Season-Long Ã¢ÂÂStand for Chicago' Patch Series
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today unveiled the Club's 2020 secondary jersey along with announcing a first-of-its-kind patch series that will run throughout the 2020 season. The Club tapped Chicagoland rock band Plain White T's to launch the Club's secondary kit, which features a white jersey, white shorts and white socks. The Club's kit portfolio for this year also features the Homecoming Kit, which was unveiled on Feb. 5 at the FORWARD25 event in New York City.
Secondary kit and Plain White T's media assets can be downloaded here.
The Club's 'Stand for Chicago' patch series will feature 12 different patches over the course of the season, each showcasing iconography or phrases that are unique to Chicago. All patches will be highlighted on the first teams' jerseys throughout the season - on both the Homecoming kit and secondary kit - in the jock tag location. The series will also include one-time, limited-edition patches that will be worn for the season opener in Seattle (March 1), the Homecoming match at Soldier Field (March 21), the Earth Day Celebration match (April 19) and the Club's annual Pride match (June 27).
Fans who purchase the secondary jersey or the Homecoming jersey at any Fire home game will be given a free patch upon purchase.
The all-white secondary jersey showcases the classic three-stripe pattern that continues onto white shorts, leading to socks of the same color. Above the team crest is a silver star, representing the Fire's MLS Cup championship in 1998, while both sleeves are marked by commemorative MLS 25th season crests. Prominently displayed in navy lettering across the front is jersey partner Motorola, which is featured on the Fire's home and away jerseys for a second-consecutive year.
To unveil its new secondary kit, the Fire collaborated with Plain White T's, the American rock band with origins in Chicagoland. The band emerged in 1997, the same year the Fire were founded, and have produced an impressive catalog that consists of two gold-certified offerings All That we Needed (2005) and Every Second Counts (2006), and anthems such as the platinum "Rhythm of Love" and the double-platinum "1,2,3,4." However, the band's most popular song, "Hey There Delilah," went quadruple-platinum and topped the Billboard Hot 100, earning the Chicago quintet a pair of 2008 GRAMMY Award nominations in the categories of Song of the Year and Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal.
The 2020 secondary jersey is now available for purchase at ShopChicagoFire.com.
The Fire will kick off the 2020 MLS season on the road versus reigning MLS Cup champion Seattle Sounders this Sunday, March 1 at 2:00 p.m. CT (ESPN). The Fire will officially make its homecoming to Soldier Field on Saturday, March 21 when the team hosts Atlanta United FC in its home opener at 2:30 p.m. CT (Univision).
Single-match tickets for the Fire's 2020 season are now on sale by calling 888-MLS-FIRE or by visiting ChicagoFireFC.com. Season ticket packages and pick 'em plans for the 2020 campaign are available for purchase online now. Additionally, season tickets for children ages 12-and-under are also currently available as low as $12.50 per game.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2020
- Game Notes: New York City FC 1 - 0 AD San Carlos; NYCFC Advances to SCCL Quarterfinals - New York City FC
- David Norman Jr.: from Idolizing David Beckham to Joining Inter Miami as a Player - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC and the 3252 Independent Supporters Union Team up Once Again to Ensure Inclusive Environment for All Fans - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Announce Local Broadcast Information for 2020 Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Hosts Leon in Leg Two of Concacaf Champions League Round Two - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Opens CenturyLink Field this Week with Two Exciting Matches, Including Sunday's Championship Celebration - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: the 2020 Home Opener - Orlando City SC
- Training Report: Nashville SC Ready to Soak in Big Moment as MLS Debut Approaches - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2020 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Days to Debut: Inter Miami Goalkeeper and MLS Veteran Luis Robles Named Team Captain - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas 2020 Season Opener Information - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Announce Upgrades to Red Bull Arena for 2020 Season - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer and Second Spectrum Announce Ground Breaking Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Broadcast Schedule and Partners, PHL 17 and 6abc - Philadelphia Union
- Colorado Rapids vs D.C. United: Keys to the Match - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Partners with Georgia Soccer to Deliver Community Clinics Through Innovate to Grow Fund - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC Announces Technical Staff Updates Ahead of 2020 Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- A New Tradition Is Born: Welcome Your Whitecaps FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers Sign Forward Jeremy Ebobisse to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires No. 1 Spot in Allocation Ranking from Nashville SC - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires Allocation Money and SuperDraft Pick - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveil 2020 Secondary Kit, Season-Long Ã¢ÂÂStand for Chicago' Patch Series - Chicago Fire
- Major League Soccer Releases New Official Anthem by Legendary Composer Hans Zimmer - MLS
- 2020 Season Preview: The Midfielders - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Announces BODYARMOR as Official Sports Drink - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Defeats FC Motagua 3-0 in Leg Two of 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.