Chicago Fire FC to Celebrate its 25th Season on October 8-9
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today announced its plans to celebrate the Club's 25th season throughout the weekend of Oct. 8-9.
In addition to the Fire's regular season finale against the New England Revolution on Sunday, Oct. 9 at SeatGeek Stadium, the Club's anniversary weekend will also feature appearances from members of the 1998 MLS Cup and U.S. Open Cup Championship teams, a postgame concert with Lunay, and a commemorative jersey auction for fans. The Club's official 25th anniversary date on Oct. 8 also marks the 151st anniversary of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.
25th Anniversary Celebration - Saturday, Oct. 8
On Saturday, Oct. 8, the Club will host a welcome event during which all RSVP'd alumni (see complete alumni list below) will be available to media from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. CT at the Club's downtown offices located at 1 N Dearborn St. Media interested in attending must RSVP to Megan O'Keefe, Senior Manager of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Oct. 7 at 12:00 p.m. CT.
Later that day, the Fire and Section 8 Chicago will host a 25th Anniversary party at the Museum of Science and Industry. The event will begin at 7:00 p.m. CT and is open to the public. Guests will enjoy food, refreshments, and appearances from current first team players and alumni, including members from the '98 MLS Cup and U.S. Open Cup Championship teams.
A limited number of tickets are still available and can be purchased for $19.97 here. All proceeds from ticket purchases and donations will benefit the Fire Foundation's P.L.A.Y.S. Program and Section 8 Chicago's Fire for Food Drive.
Fire Match and Post-Game Concert - Sunday, Oct. 9
On Sunday, Oct. 9, the Fire will host the New England Revolution at 1:30 p.m. CT at SeatGeek Stadium in their final match of the season. Prior to the match, fans in attendance will have the opportunity to receive autographs and take photos with Fire alumni, including former players such as Chris Armas, DaMarcus Beasley, Mike Magee, Pavel Pardo, Brian McBride, and two-time FIFA World Player of the Year and Balon d'Or winner Hristo Stoichkov (see complete alumni list below)
Tickets to the game are available here and the contest will also be televised live on WGN-TV and CF97 Live, and transmitted locally in Spanish on TUDN 1200 AM.
Following the game, the Club will host a special post-match concert featuring Puerto Rican singer and rapper, Lunay. Match tickets include access to the concert and details on updated seating and special meet-and-greet opportunities for the concert will be available soon.
Commemorative Jersey Auction
During the Oct. 9 match, all Fire players will be wearing commemorative jerseys in honor of the Club's 25th anniversary. The jerseys, featuring commemorative silver numbers and name plates to represent the Club's 25 years of history, will be available to fans via an auction, with all proceeds benefiting the Chicago Fire Foundation's P.L.A.Y.S. Program. Jerseys from each player on the current roster, as well as Sparky, will be available for bidding.
The auction officially opens on Monday, Oct. 3 at 9:00 a.m. CT and will run until the end of halftime on Oct. 9. At the end of the match, the winning bidder for each jersey will have the chance to meet the player whose jersey they won and receive an autograph. If the winner is unable to attend the game, they will receive the autographed jersey in the mail. The auction may be accessed by visiting CF97.givesmart.com, or simply texting CF97 to 76278.
Confirmed alumni for Oct. 8 event:
Jhon Kennedy Hurtado
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 29, 2022
- Major League Soccer Issues Discipline to Cucho Hernández - MLS
- Christian Lattanzio Not Surpised with the Character the Team Has Shown - Charlotte FC
- NYCFC Stars Nominated for 2022 MLS End of Year Awards - New York City FC
- Chicago Fire FC to Celebrate its 25th Season on October 8-9 - Chicago Fire FC
- LA Galaxy Advise Fans to Arrive Early for Saturday's Regular Season Home Finale at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- MLS Year-End Awards Nominations Announced - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces 2022 Team Awards - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire Foundation to Help Celebrate Grand Opening of North Austin Center
- Chicago Fire FC to Face Puebla, Minnesota United FC in Group Stage of Leagues Cup 2023
- Chicago Fire FC Agrees to Transfer Forward Jhon Durán to Aston Villa in Club-Record Deal
- Chicago Fire FC Announce 2023 Preseason Training Camp Roster
- Chicago Fire FC and Winger Stanislav Ivanov Mutually Part Ways