Chicago Fire FC to Begin Three-Game Homestand on Wednesday Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 20 Ã¢ÂÂ September 26
CHICAGO - After completing a season-high six-game road trip on Sunday, Chicago Fire FC will begin a three-game homestand in the Windy City this week. On Wednesday, Sept. 22, the Fire will return to Soldier Field for the first time in over a month, taking on the league-leading New England Revolution at 7:00 p.m. CT (WGN-TV, CFFC Live, TUDN 1200 AM). Chicago will then close out the week with a 12:00 p.m. contest against Nashville SC on Sunday, Sept. 26 (WGN-TV, CFFC Live, TUDN 1200 AM).
Tickets for both games are available for purchase here. Fans can also purchase season tickets for the 2022 campaign - the Fire's 25th season in MLS -.
Entering Wednesday's match, the Fire are unbeaten in seven of its last eight home matches (4-1-3, 15 points) since June 26. In its most recent match at Soldier Field, Chicago defeated defending MLS Cup Champions Columbus Crew SC 1-0 on Aug. 15 to win a second consecutive game and complete its three-game homestand with two wins and a draw. Midfielder Luka Stojanović scored the decisive goal in the victory over the Crew.
The upcoming game against the Revs will mark the 66th all-time regular season meeting between the two teams, with the Fire holding a 27-23-15 record. Chicago previously faced the Revs in the season opener on April 17, earning a point in a 2-2 draw. Overall, the Fire have posted a 17-6-10 home record against New England since 1998. New England (17-4-5, 56 points) enters the match as the top team in MLS, leading the league in points (56), goals scored (48) and goal difference (+18). Forward Gustavo Bou leads the team in scoring (12), while midfielder Carles Gil has a league-high 16 assists.
Sunday's game will be the Fire's first-ever home contest against Nashville SC (10-3-11, 41 points), who joined the league as an expansion side in 2020. Chicago's last two matches against the second-year team have taken place at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tenn., resulting in a 0-1-1 record. Sitting in second place in the East, Nashville is led by former Fire forward CJ Sapong and midfielder Hany Mukhtar. They've each scored 10 goals this year.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 20, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC Midfielder Nicolás Lodeiro Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire FC to Begin Three-Game Homestand on Wednesday Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 20 Ã¢ÂÂ September 26 - Chicago Fire FC
- Leagues Cup Final Rosters Announced: Seattle Sounders FC and Club León Head to Las Vegas - MLS
- Inter Miami CF to Host Ã¢ÂÂCelebra tu Patria - Hispanic Heritage Night Presented by EspolònÃ¢ÂÂ on September 22ÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Midfielder Chofis Named MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC to Host Frontline Heroes Appreciation Night, Presented by BMO - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- San Jose Earthquakes Midfielder Eduardo López Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 26 - MLS
- MNUFC Youth Development Program Announce 2021-22 MLS Next Season Schedule and Roster - Minnesota United FC
- Set Piece King Jack Price Named to MLS Team of the Week Bench - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Timbers Defender Larrys Mabiala Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 26 - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC and Revolution Brewing Announce Multi-Year Partnership, Unveil Signature Beer Hazy Pitch
- Chicago Fire FC Sign Academy Forward Missael Rodríguez to Homegrown Player Contract
- Chicago Fire FC to Return to League Play against New England Revolution at Gillette Stadium on Saturday
- Chicago Fire FC Named a Finalist for U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's 22nd Annual Citizens Awards
- Francisco Calvo and Gastón Giménez Called up for National Team Duty as Chicago Fire FC Heads into FIFA Break