Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC announced today that Head Coach Raphael Wicky has hired Adin Brown as a goalkeeper coach and John Grace as a performance coach.
Brown, 41, joins the Fire after spending the past five years as a goalkeeper coach for the Portland Timbers. Brown originally joined the Timbers as the first team goalkeeper coach in June 22, 2015, helping the Cascadia side win its first-ever MLS Cup trophy in his first season with the club. He served as the Timbers goalkeeper coach for three years (2015-17), before becoming the lead goalkeeper coach for Portland Timbers 2 from 2018-19.
As a player, Brown enjoyed a 12-year career in the United States and Norway, making 154 professional appearances from 2000-2011. He featured for four MLS teams during his career, including the Colorado Rapids, Tampa Bay Mutiny, New England Revolution and the Timbers. During his time in MLS, Brown helped guide the Revolution to the MLS Cup final in 2002 and earned the team's Defender of the Year honor twice.
The Pleasant Hill, Calif., native also spent four years playing in Norway, making 68 appearances with Aalesunds FK from 2005-09. He was voted as one of the 50 best foreign players to ever play in Norway.
Grace comes to the Fire from Orlando City SC, where he worked as the club's performance coach and head of sport science. Joining Orlando in 2017, Grace spent time working with the MLS side and its NWSL team, Orlando Pride, during the last three seasons. He obtains a master's degree in sport science and coaching from Ohio University.
In addition to hiring Brown and Grace, the Fire also announced the return of the following technical staff members: Head Athletic Trainer Reade Whitney, Assistant Athletic Trainer Hillary Bell, Massage Therapist Steven Burrows, Equipment Manager Brian Sauer and Assistant Equipment Manager Juan Arreola. In addition, Tyler Golden will join the first team as an assistant athletic trainer. Golden previously served as the athletic trainer for the Club's Academy teams from 2018-19.
An additional assistant coach will be announced at a later date.
Chicago will kick off its 2020 MLS season on the road on Sunday, March 1 against defending MLS Cup Champions Seattle Sounders FC at CenturyLink Field at 2:00 p.m. CT (ESPN). The Fire will officially make its return to Soldier Field on Saturday, March 21 when the team hosts Atlanta United FC in its 2020 home opener at 2:30 p.m. CT (Univision).
Fans can secure a seat for the Fire's 2020 MLS home opener, or any home game of the regular season, through a variety of ticket packages. Beginning as low as $15 per game, season ticket packages for the 2020 campaign are available for purchase online or by calling 888-MLS-FIRE to speak with a season ticket sales representative. Additionally, season tickets for children ages 12-and-under are also currently available for as low as $12.50 per game.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami CF
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 21-Year-Old Defender Jhon Espinoza
- Robert Beric and Mauricio Pineda Announced as 2020 Chicago Fire FC Award Winners
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 20-Year-Old Nigerian Striker Chinonso Offor
- Chicago Fire FC Homegrown Goalkeeper Chris Brady Named USL League One Young Player of the Year