Chicago Fire FC Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today announced its preseason schedule for the 2021 MLS campaign.
After completing the required seven-day quarantine and COVID-19 protocol, the Fire will begin full-team training in Chicago on Monday, March 1. The Club will train at SeatGeek Stadium through Saturday, March 6, before departing for Orlando, Fla., on Sunday, March 7 for nearly a month-long training camp.
While in Orlando, the Fire will compete in four preseason friendlies. Chicago will face three to-be-announced MLS opponents on March 13, March 20 and March 27, before taking on Orlando City SC on April 3. The game against Orlando is scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m. CT.
The Fire's preseason games are not scheduled to be broadcast although highlights will be shared via social media in real-time.
Following the match against Orlando, the Club will return to Chicago and resume training at SeatGeek Stadium on Monday, April 5.
The Fire's preseason training camp will feature comprehensive health and safety protocols, including regular testing of players, coaches and staff for COVID-19. Additionally, the health and safety protocol will prohibit media access to training sessions and matches, restricting access to players and essential staff only. Chicago Fire Communications will provide recorded interviews, b-roll footage and photography. Players and coaches will also be available to media members virtually on a regular basis.
The 2021 MLS season is scheduled to begin on Saturday, April 17. The complete regular season schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.
Below is the Fire's complete 2021 preseason schedule:
February 22-28 - COVID-19 Protocol
March 1-6 - Training at SeatGeek Stadium
March 7 - Travel to Orlando, Fla.
March 13 - Chicago Fire FC vs. TBA at Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate (11:00 a.m. CT)
March 20 - Chicago Fire FC vs. TBA at Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex (2:00 p.m. CT)
March 27 - Chicago Fire FC vs. TBA at Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate (11:00 a.m. CT)
April 3 - Chicago Fire FC vs. Orlando City SC at TBD (11:00 a.m. CT) / Return to Chicago
April 5-16 - Training at SeatGeek Stadium
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 24, 2021
- Chicago Fire FC Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule - Chicago Fire FC
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils Latest Renderings of New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo FC Loan Erik McCue to Charleston Battery - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Unveil 2021 Community Kit - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Defender Suspended Pending Investigation - MLS
- Laurent Ciman Named Assistant Coach - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Acquires Veteran Goalkeeper Bryan Meredith - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF Signs Brazilian Midfielder Gregore - Inter Miami CF
- Season Ticket Memberships Now on Sale to General Public - FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire FC Partners with Common Goal to Launch the Anti-Racist Project - Chicago Fire FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Arlo White, Tony Meola & Tyler Terens Headline Chicago Fire FC's 2021 Broadcast Team
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Fan Experience Details for Saturday's Home Opener vs. New England
- Fire to Begin 24th MLS Season against New England Revolution at Soldier Field on Saturday
- Chicago Fire FC to Stream Locally Broadcast Regular Season Games on Team Website & Mobile App Free of Charge
- Chicago Fire FC Announces New Partnership with AstroTurf