Chicago Fire FC Acquires $75,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money from the Montreal Impact
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC announced today that the Club has acquired $75,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money from the Montreal Impact.
The Fire previously exchanged spots with the Impact in the MLS Allocation Order, as part of the trade to acquire midfielder Micheal Azira on Aug. 7, 2019. Chicago traded the No. 1 allocation spot to Montreal in exchange for the No. 6 spot.
If the Impact selected a player with the No. 1 allocation spot, the Fire would receive $75,000 in 2020 GAM if that player was signed to an MLS roster for the 2020 season. Montreal recently used the No. 1 allocation spot to sign midfielder Ballou Tabla on Jan. 15.
Chicago will kick off its 2020 MLS season on the road on Sunday, March 1 against defending MLS Cup Champions Seattle Sounders FC at CenturyLink Field at 2:00 p.m. CT (ESPN). The Fire will officially make its return to Soldier Field on Saturday, March 21 when the team hosts Atlanta United FC in its 2020 home opener at 2:30 p.m. CT (Univision).
Fans can secure a seat for the Fire's 2020 MLS home opener, or any home game of the regular season, through a variety of ticket packages. Season ticket packages for the 2020 campaign are available for purchase online or by calling 888-MLS-FIRE to speak with a season ticket sales representative. Additionally, season tickets for children ages 12-and-under are also currently available for as low as $12.50 per game.
Transaction: Chicago Fire FC acquires $75,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money from the Montreal Impact.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 17, 2020
- Philadelphia Union and Bimbo Bakeries USA Unveil Artesano Bakery Bread Brand as Away Jersey Logo - Philadelphia Union
- FC Cincinnati Place Fanendo Adi, Jimmy Hague on Waivers - FC Cincinnati
- Know Before You Go: Kit Reveal Party Presented by Renasant Bank - Nashville SC
- Pressure Hardened Gallese Ready to Make MLS Impact - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires $75,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money from the Montreal Impact - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Signs Academy Product Mauricio Pineda - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Acquires Peruvian Goalkeeper Pedro Gallese - Orlando City SC
- Midfielder Allan Cruz, Defender Mathieu Deplagne Become U.S. Permanent Residents - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Head Coach Adrian Heath - Minnesota United FC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Colombian Winger Cristian Dajome Via Transfer from Bogota FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Signs Veteran Defender Edgar Castillo - Atlanta United FC
- Impact to Play Five Preseason Games in Florida - Montreal Impact
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Sebastian Berhalter - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Unveils Official Training Ground at Ribbon Cutting Ceremony - Orlando City SC
- MNUFC Signs Midfielder James Musa - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Kevin Paredes - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Expand Spanish-Language Content Offering, Launch @VamosFire on Twitter
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Argentine Midfielder Gaston Gimenez as Designated Player
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: February 24 Ã¢ÂÂ March 1
- 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now on Sale for All Chicago Fire FC Matches at Soldier Field
- 3-2-1 ... Hidden Chicago Fire FC Season Tickets & Merchandise Waiting to be "Un-LockedÃ¢ÂÂ Across the City