Chicago Acquires Former First-Rounder Holland for Raddysh
ROCKFORD, Ill - The Chicago Blackhawks today announced they have acquired forward Peter Holland from the New York Rangers in exchange for defenseman Darren Raddysh. Holland, who was selected 15th overall by Anaheim in the 2009 NHL Draft, will report to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Holland, 28, has skated in 52 games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the AHL this season, leading the team in goals (20), assists (29) and points (49) as an alternate captain. His 49 points are tied for sixth in the AHL this season, while his seven power-play goals are now tied with Jacob Nilsson for the most among any current Hogs skater.
The Toronto, Ontario native has posted 13 multi-point efforts this year, including a season-high four-point game with a pair of goals and assists on Jan. 18 vs. Lehigh Valley. The forward also boasts two point streaks of seven or more games this season, highlighted by a career-high eight-game point streak from Dec. 22 - Jan. 18. He totaled 19 points (10g, 9a) during that eight-game stretch with Hartford.
Holland originally made his NHL debut in 2011-12 with Anaheim and has tallied 85 points (36g, 49a) in 266 career National Hockey League games between the Ducks (2011-14), Toronto (2013-17), Arizona (2016-17) and the Rangers (2017-18). The forward scored a career-high 11 goals with Toronto during the 2014-15 season and set career-highs in points (27) and assists (18) with the Maple Leafs in 2015-16.
In addition, Holland has also totaled 206 career AHL points (88g, 118a) in 231 games between Syracuse (2010-12), Norfolk (2012-14), Toronto (2013-14), Harford (2017-19) and Laval (2017-18).
Raddysh, 22, has logged 26 points (8g, 18a) in 54 games with Rockford this season. He currently leads all IceHogs blueliners in scoring and in plus/minus with his +6 rating, and is first on the team with three overtime tallies in 2018-19.
The Toronto, Ontario native has combined for 48 points (13g, 35a) in 120 career AHL games with the IceHogs over the last two seasons. He also chipped in two assists in nine postseason games during the team's run to the Western Conference Finals last year.
Next Home Game: March 1 vs. Grand Rapids | 7 p.m.
The Rockford IceHogs return home to host the Grand Rapids Griffins on Country Night at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 1,500 fans to arrive will receive a FREE bandana, thanks to Texas Roadhouse.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Defenseman McArdle Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Chicago Acquires Former First-Rounder Holland for Raddysh - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 20 Report: Surging Hogs Win 8 of 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Reign Sign Cliff Watson to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Moose Games to Air on TSN2 - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Accepting Nominations for Grandparent of the Year - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackout Cancer Jersey Auction Raises Record Amount - Bakersfield Condors
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Streaking Bears Make History, Climb in Standings - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- First-Place Griffins Finish Homestand, Travel to Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dal Colle Returned on Loan to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Weekly: Penguins Host Hershey and Rockford in Pair of Upcoming Home Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canucks Sign Goaltender Michael Leighton, Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Release Derek Pratt from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Adam Clendening, Assign Kole Sherwood to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Flyers Recall G Brian Elliott from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Loan G Sam Montembeault to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Announce Six Prime Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Forwards Coughlin & Ramsey
- Secure Your Seats For 2019-20 At Saturday's Garage Sale
- IceHogs Ink Defensemen McArdle & Osipov to AHL Deals
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Marchand, Thompson